Logic Pro Showing two CPU lines in the CPU indicator after SSD upgrade.. Help?:0

Emphasis

Hey guys, so I’m not completely sure if upgrading my hard drive had anything to do with my CPU indicator acting like it has a multiple personality disorder. (Not even sure how, or this is even possible) but basically here's what happened:

I recently purchased a 240gb "Sandisk Extreme" ssd to upgrade my 2.4Ghz core 2 duo Macbook pro. (8gb ram)

I had already wiped out the stock hard drive that came in my mbp, so i really didn't see any point in cloning a blank hard drive.

Instead i:
-Installed the new hard drive
-Loaded up my macbook pro installation disk
-Did one (journaled) partition for my new SSD (this was my first ssd install ever, so you'll have to bear with me on this step if a did it wrong.)
-Installed os x 10.6.8
-Then did a clean and quick install of logic pro

Since the upgrade, my macbook has been booting, running, and shutting down like a champ. More so than before.

However I have noticed that Logic has been a bit buggy.
My short cuts don't always work. Option+Drag copies and pastes...sometimes. and sometimes it decides not to copy. other times to copy and paste things in the incorrect location.

Most notably, I noticed that the CPU indicator shows two thin lines that spike at different times (almost like an uneven stereo indicator.)
Bouncing causes one half the cpu to go into the red, while the other is completely dead.

Before the ssd upgrade. I only had one thick, beefy cpu line (that looked like a mono indicator). Now i have two bipolar, skimpy lines with A.D.D. :facepalm:The HD indicator has been unaffected. And appears the same as before I re-installed logic.

Not really sure if I just need to to download a logic update, if this is normal (and i just to change my settings), or if i did something wrong while installing/"formatting" my ssd...

Is logic spliting the use othe 2 cores on my core 2 duo?
Idk. i'm really lost on this one :(

Hey there,
I'm not really sure, but I know that activity monitor in OsX (utilities folder) will give you a real time report on CPU usage for each core.

I guess logic could have defaulted to using one core only, if it has that option.
At least activity monitor can tell you for sure.

Good Call! I've been so vexed by the random bi-polar spikes, that I hadn't even thought of going to my activity monitor to verify the cpu usage.

I was thinking of just doing a hardware test, but that's kinda time consuming..

Your way may be faster. Thanks for the swift reply!

Back