Logic pro for live

gabereding

Hey people,
I was just wondering.. I'm looking into buying Logic pro 7 for my home studio, and was wondering if anyone new about using it for live sound work.
I'm hoping there is a way to play backup tracks live, and have them automatically syncronize with the live instruments and vocals, thru like a tap tempo thing, or possibly beat-detection.
I really don't know alot about using computers for live sound.
Anyways, thanks!
-Gabe

What you're looking for is years, if not decades away.

For something like that to work properly the timing would need to be so tight and the anticipation would need to be so spot-on that you'd be getting into the world of artificial intelligence, or at the very least robot musicians.

For now musicians need to follow the computer and not vice-versa.

What about looper pedals?

Don't some looper pedals for guitar have a tap-tempo function that automatically speeds up or slows down the loop based upon what you tap on a pedal?
Maybe I'm way off base here....
Well, thanks anyways!
-Gabe

digitech makes a pedal called the "jam man". it can hold something like 22 hours of music and loop it or do whatever you want. Its also has a tap tempo function and usb insert so you can send files from your computer. I'd recommend checking that out and then ship a stereo signal into it. then you should be all set

Yeah I guess I knew this... :)

I guess I knew all that stuff there, I was jsut hoping there was some way to do it with a computer.
I really didn't want to deal with following a computer or click track, which seems kinda limiting.....
Thanks for the help anyways!
-Gabe

Back