Logic Audio Plat. 5.5.1 (PC)... need help w/ CROSSFADE function

pisces7378

Within Logic Audio Plat. 5.5.1, I just wanted to import three .wav files into Logic. And I wanted to lay them on top of each other in various places, and cross-fade back and forth between the three songs all flowie and smooth like.

Well I did it. I imported the three files, found where I wanted them to fade in and out of each other, draged the regions to those spots, layed the regions over top of each other, clicked on the little (<) crossfade tool, and draged a cross-fade over the two regions where I wanted them to cross-fade.
it worked perfectly, but I wanted to undo the crossfade so I just did a (Ctrl + Z) undo, moved the regions around just a little bit to get it more perfectly times, and when I clicked on the crossfade tool and drug over a new crossfade something went wrong.
This time when I hit play to hear it, when it got to the cross fade it stopped and gave this warning message:

The process cannot access
because it is being
used by another process
Result Code = 32
OK

...and then when I click ok it says:

Fade Update failed.
(Error 32)
OK

And now when I try to listen to the crossfaded regions, the audio just cuts out where the crossfade begins, and where the underlying songs starts it just pops in... no fade whatsoever.

Am I doing something wrong here? I thought that maybe a Ctrl + Z undo instead of deleting the crossfade might be it. But I can't seem to find out how to delete a crossfade. This is a real problem. What if I lay in a crossfade, and work on the song for two days and then decide to eliminate that crossfade. There must be a way to delete it out without 10,000 undos.

Anyway, this problem has brought my production to a hault. I sincerly hope that some saint amongst you can help me.

Thanks!!!

Back