Logic Audio Forum

Should there be a new "Logic Audio" forum added

• Yes there should be a new forum dedicated to "Audio Logic"

Votes: 171 89.1%
  • no there should not be a new forum added for "Audio Logic"

Votes: 21 10.9%

• Total voters
i voted 'yes' pisces. i think that if there is a cubase forum there should also be one for logic audio.

however, i'm pretty sure that i'll never use the program.

to reiterate, as long as cubase has a forum, so SHOULD logic. that's just logical.

Yes, and so should Nuendo, SAW, Samplitude, DOP and Vegas.

Everything should have a forum. Increase your rez.

Yes indeed j. Live long and prosper.

well, vegas has the sonic foundry forum. there is no nuendo forum, but we do have a forum for another product from steinberg. perhaps the cubase forum should be renamed the 'steinberg forum'............is there anyone seriously asking for a forum for samplitude, dop or saw?

in the poll 'which software do you use to make audio recording', logic does have the most votes right now...though, i admit that in itself, this isn't a very strong reason for a logic (or better, emagic) forum since there are only 26 total votes so far.

it ultimately doesn't matter to me whether or not there is a logic forum, though i think that as long as there is a a cubase forum, there should be one for logic audio. this makes me curious about the decision procedure for creating a new forum...if there is one...;)

to spell it out a little more clearly: the cubase forum is in "user forum by brand", cubase isn't a brand...therefore there should be an emagic forum.
Q.E.D.
;)

Logic Audio

Well, I'm not opposed to a Logic forum at all.... anything to attract new talent. But... after reading this post last night, I went and pulled out some disks hunting for Logic Audio (never used it). I found the disk and it was version 4.6, Platinum. I then went to the website and found that the current version is 4.7, so I'm not outdated too bad or anything. I loaded it up, in part because of this post, in part because I read in tape op the other day that seems like alot of people use it. Well... on 1st glance, I dont like it much aesthetically. Then I messed with it for a few minutes, and just didn't care for it much. The version 5 looks like it might be better, but 4.6 just doesn't seem like much, especially compared to Sonar.
Maybe everyone can chime in and let me know what the big benefits of Logic audio are and where it excels. :)
Peace,
Paul

Just a question.

Just curious... how was it that you were "diging through some CD's" and just happened to run across the almost recent version of a $600-$675 Platinum program? I am just wondering because I had to save for 3 months to get it and it came with a dongle that I HAVE to have plugged into a port or it will not work. And PLEASE.. if this thread sounds rude, or presumptious, I assure you that i am 100% only genuinely curious. Nothing more. You can E-MAIL :) and tell me to F*~@k off if you want to.

Curiously,
Mike

another yes

that's just logical.

Live long and prosper
- ha, ha! just got that- har, har, hardy har har!

Do enough people use it? I'd guess yes.

Would it be redundant to something else on the web, thus spreading the info thinner and increasing the difficulty of finding answers? Yeah, but IMHO, those are great sites but lousy forums, esp. for newer users.

Would it be difficult to add? dunno.

A buddy of mine bought a ProTools system and a mac awhile back and I got all his stuff. Although the Waves packs he gave me, that I use and love, have those damn dongles, the Logic audio didn't give me an error. It could possibly be a crack, I guess, but it didnt mention a crack anywhere, and it had serial numbers on a sticker on the case.
I have a huge stack of programs. I was looking orginally for the perfect system, and I couldnt find it ( i was wanting ProTools SOOOO bad) and I always read that Cakewalk was easy and stable. Stable is real important to me. So I started getting used to Cakewalk a little, then they announced the Sonar release, and I liked the sound of it, so thats what I ordered. I have all kinds of stuff, and the only thing I've had to pay for is is the Cakewalk to Sonar upgrade. (I actually got Cakewalk 9 included with both my Aardvark cards, too) I have stuff that I don't even know what it is or what it does. I have some manuals, but not many. But, its all legal as far as I know, since my machine is the only one this stuff is being used on and I have the oringinal products and not copies.
Awesome gift though, one of the best things I ever fell in to.
The second best thing, well, I'll post it in the cave, check there later...

ap, you actually thought the star trek pun was funny? .....i only thought it was slightly clever....but amusing nonetheless....;)

Like a wet sock

Not trying to be annoying.... just trying to keep this idea floating around as long as possible. Like one of those shitty beach balls at an outdoor concert. Please do not use a cigarette lighter to pop this one. This site really needs a Logic Forum.

Back