Lo-fi demos

v6v6v6

Hey guys, I'm working on some initial demos and I wanted to pass these by you to get some feedback. No processing or effects on these... No bassist, drummer, and very little lead guitar yet... If you've heard my songs in the past, you'll know I'm not much of a production guy. :) But I do care about song structure, mood, vocals, etc.

I know it's a bunch of songs... If you don't care to comment, maybe you can give a quick A - F grade? (E for Effort!)

Curious
Heart On Your Sleeve
Judo Chop Girl
Little Darling
Stephen Strange
Super Waste Of Time
Way Away
You Don't Know Who I'm Not

Sorry in advance for the assault on your ears--thanks!

I like the intro to "Curious." Vocals are a bit too loud for my taste. I like your style though.

Cool tunes - I particularly liked Judo Chop Girl. You conveyed a lot of arrangement with a minimum of instrumentation - nice

Thanks for listening guys.

Curious is a small ode to Elliott Smith, one of my favorites. The Do-do-do's are a bit off (syncopation is a bitch when you're actually trying--heh) and the vocals aren't tight... I've gotta work on breathing and making sure to keep a proper distance from the mic.

Judo Chop Girl... I went to a wedding recently where the bride tossed the bouquet and the flower girl grabbed it. She was really excited and when her brother came over to take a look, she chopped him right in the neck and had this look of "you better step away, sucka!" Then she smiled and started running around with the flowers. Ha. My wife has offered to record the "yah!" for extra emphasis. :)

Back