Livesyth Pro question s/Sonar 2.2

Jagular

I installed the Livesynth Pro demo last night and wanted to give it a whirl. I could not get it to work at all. I loaded the Blue Jay drums and some other soundfonts that came with Sonar to check it out (I just wanted to make a click track for a new project). I inserted the DXi in the audio track. I set the out on the midi track to the Livesynth Pro, selected the proper bank and patch (I think anyway) and couldn't get it to work. Couldn't hear any sound from the midi track and it didn't even look like it was recognising the midi data (you know when the little lights on the little keyboard icon flash in the systray?).

I did get ther Eridol to work just fine and, in fact, used that to build my click track since I actually did want to acomplish something last night :D. I even bounced to track to make the audio track. Purrdy cool that.

So what am I missing with the Livesynth Pro? I figured the set up would be the same as the Eridol, with the exception of loading the soundfonts. I'm sure I'm missing something, but I just don't know what.

Did you set the Midi Channel to 10? And if you did, did you set the Midi Channel to something besides 10? Try both... :)

The Live Synth Pro does work pretty much like the VSC. However,
I had trouble with the Blue Jay drums also. James advised me to raise the buffers in Options > Global > Midi and that seemed to fix it. I forget the default, but I think his suggestion was to increase the buffers to 512 or higher.

Worth a try. If it don't work, c'mon back and we'll get it figured out. BTW, if you just want a click track, I would stick with the VSC. It is a little easier to use and set up, and gives you the entire GM set.

Use the Live Synth Pro for sounds that you plan to keep in your final project. (Although VSC has a few decent ones.)

I inserted the DXi in the audio track. I set the out on the midi track to the Livesynth Pro, selected the proper bank and patch (I think anyway) and couldn't get it to work. Couldn't hear any sound from the midi track and it didn't even look like it was recognising the midi data (you know when the little lights on the little keyboard icon flash in the systray?).
--------------------------------------------------------

you won`t hear any sound from the midi track if its ouput is pointing to LSP.
don`t forget that you have to load the soundfont bank in LSP as well as selecting it in the midi channel. I had that problem when I first tried to use it.

Moskus - Yes I actually tried channel 10 first and then channel 1. No joy either way. :(

dach - I actually read that thread (yes I do research things occasionally :D). I boosted that up to 1000 which is what I think I read in that thread. Still no joy :( :D. Maybe I'll try a higher value.

Toki - I know I loaded the soundfont. I think I set up the midi track right. I'll have to play with it some more.

I think I'll try to load up Gold Drums (I have to re download it) and see if I can get that to work. Meanwhile, I have some time to play with it. I won't need the keeper sounds for awhile.

Thanks a lot for the responses guys. I really appreciate it. I'll retrace my steps on setting it up keeping in mind your tips above. I certainly may have missed something.

If anyone has any more ideas, feel free.

Thanks again :)

James Argo said:
So, how's everything, Jagular ? :)

As far as life in general goes? Not too bad :D – and yourself?

As far as the topic of this thread goes? I haven’t had a chance to mess with it yet. Had to do some wife time the last couple of days :D

Thanks for asking though :)

I'm doing great, John... :)

Wifey and me just end our working contract with some cellular telecomunication company. I already got a new job. Nice one :) Wifey not that hurry. She's enjoying his days off and helped me preparing next friday Violin concert :)

As for LiveSynth issue, actualy I tried to figure out the way it works. Not that far, just summarized the list of it's pros and cons based on personal experience. Mine is SE anyway :D However, I didn't have any major problem with Drums (percusive instruments) so far. Most of the problem comes when you have various form of MIDI data within a track (several controller, sustained notes, etc). As long as it's set up propherly (like Toki mentioned beautifully :) ) I believe there won't be no problem with it :)

;)
Jaymz

That sounds great James! Glad you got some work. I'm with the wifey on that one. I got the opportunity to take a few months off when we first moved down here to Nashville. I really enjoyed that (even though I was terribly unproductive). I did work out & jog a lot though. (looks down at belly) Work sure screwed that up in a hurry :D.

Thanks for the info.

Later :)

OK....I think I see the problem, but I don't know how to fix it. Using Toki's wonderful screenshot I have determined my problem is that I didn't have any choice in the audio track to select the Livesynth Pro as the input to the track. See attached. There is no choice for it there. Any ideas?

Thanks again :)

Attachments

• livesynth.jpg
    livesynth.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 52
I`m not familiar with the sound card you are using. However several of these guys have the same card and use LSP. Have you gone to Options>Audio> then use profiler to analyze the card and map the inputs and ouputs? You may have to select more that one type of output.

Jagular said:
Any ideas?
Hmmm.... stranger and stranger...

Livesynth is not disabled or something in the DXi Rack? And it does show in the DXi Rack?

moskus said:
Hmmm.... stranger and stranger...

Livesynth is not disabled or something in the DXi Rack? And it does show in the DXi Rack?

Hmmmm...DXi Rack...I haven't gotten to that chapter yet :D. I do know it's another view I can get to. Pretty smart huh? :D

I will check that out next time I get on. Thanks for the idea. :)

James Argo said:
Wifey not that hurry. She's enjoying his days off

James, between this comment and the Java Boys, I am starting to worry about you. :D :D :D

P.S. I know English is not your first language, but when you refer to a female it should be her days off! :)

Toki987 said:
I`m not familiar with the sound card you are using. However several of these guys have the same card and use LSP. Have you gone to Options>Audio> then use profiler to analyze the card and map the inputs and ouputs? You may have to select more that one type of output.

Hmmm....that's an interesting thought. I haven't run the profiler since I installed the Livesynth Pro. I'll give that a shot. :)

dachay2tnr said:
James, between this comment and the Java Boys, I am starting to worry about you. :D :D :D

P.S. I know English is not your first language, but when you refer to a female it should be her days off! :)

Blame it on Compaq keyboard... :confused:

It goes :

QWISTYUEOP
ARDFGHJKL
ZXCVBNM

:D :D :D

James, I've heard my share of bad excuses, but this one takes the cake... :rolleyes:

(Actually a cake wasn't around, so it settled for ice-cream...)

Back