Live Recording

Pahtcub

Just wanted to get some feedback on this song I mixed from a live recording I did of this band Taking Saturn, off the bat I know the toms aren't the greatest beacuse I had to split two sm57s between 4 toms.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7488882

EDIT: The bassist also used a cheap wireless unit and sounds pretty flat...anything I can do about that after the fact?

As I listen I get a wide spread on the kit, with everything lumped together in the middle. Also, I can hear the snare way over left, which is kind of weird. However, I reckon the kit will probably scrub okay.

If you have the capacity, try to get a bit of separation between all the players. Other than the kit, everything is a kind of sludge in the middle. There's not a lot of brightness on any of the instruments. See if you can do anything about this.

For the bass, if it does not have much definition, try EQing out the lower mids.

The snare I tried to split the top and bottom mica stereo as a tip I heard somewhere, will work on other suggestions and get back with another mix

Back