Live recording

gummblefish

Twitchy Wanker
This is a Live recording that i did of a friend of mine John Mcgurgan playing one of his finest songs "Lime street Station" I thought i would put it on here for you all to have a listen. John is a very fine player and singer and is getting alot of recognition as such. his debut album "Alone, In two minds" is available also.

Im yet to master this, it may well be a bit boomy on your speakers. Theres a great moment at the end of the song that you should definetly hear...

Nice chiming quality to the guitar performance.
Pity about the odd clunk in the room.
I'm wearing h/phones & it doesn't sound boomy at all.
Very intimate, clear and expressive performance and an excellent capture on your part.
Mobile/Cel/Cellular/Phones are lovely things aren't they?
Ubiquitous or what? I only aquired my 1st one this year - managed to avoid for the longest time but it caught up with me.
EXCELLENT song & performance. Is there a Lime Street Station?

rayc said:
Nice chiming quality to the guitar performance.
Pity about the odd clunk in the room.
I'm wearing h/phones & it doesn't sound boomy at all.
Very intimate, clear and expressive performance and an excellent capture on your part.
Mobile/Cel/Cellular/Phones are lovely things aren't they?
Ubiquitous or what? I only aquired my 1st one this year - managed to avoid for the longest time but it caught up with me.
EXCELLENT song & performance. Is there a Lime Street Station?

Thanks alot. yeah mobile phones are bastards and have destroyed many a gig. Lime street Station is in Liverpool.

Thanks dogman. I have loads of other recordings from that night and another that i hosted. All of my stuff wasnt recorded :mad: probably because i wasnt on hand to make sure it was.

Thats really, really clean sounding for a live performance recording. Did you record straight from the mixing board or what? I don't know anything about quality live recordings.

Greg_L said:
Thats really, really clean sounding for a live performance recording. Did you record straight from the mixing board or what? I don't know anything about quality live recordings.

Yeah i went straight off the board. I was recording onto mini disk.

What a good performance. Sound quality is surprisingly good for a live take like that, especially the vocal. The gtr sounds very full but a little more processed to me. The phone call bit is hilarious.

Yeah the recording i did with the mini disks all came out pretty good. we used a professional mini disc recorder a rack moubtable kind rather than a personal mini disc recorder. Other recordings i have used personal Mini disc recorders for have turned out cold. We were also using decent mics (seinnhesier 441s) however john Insisted on using his pick up rather than mic it up which is why the guitar sounds processed. This Is another song from that set. The song is Come Back Baby by the great Ray Charles. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=664694

Back