Live recording

Perdicament

The tracks I had to work with were pretty bad, but I think I've gotten it sounding pretty good and 'natural'. It sounds pretty good here on my PC and in my car but those are the only 2 points of reference I have at the moment.

It was recorded live w/ a total of 8 tracks... 4 drum, 2 guit, 1 bass and 1 vox. I think I've cleaned it up fairly well and it's about as good I can get it w/ my limited experience, any help is greatly appreciated...

Songs called "For Too Long" --->

Was this done live at a show?

Sounds pretty good to me, especially for a live recording, good job :)

Sorry I don't have any comments for you. Thta intro is pretty cool.

sounds like just a little bit too much reverb to me, but maybe thats the sound you're going for... also, it sound a little thin on the low-end. I would try to bring out a little more bass & kick drum... cool sound though. nice tune.

Hey Thanks guys... It was done live at a show... bass and guitars were recorded direct... The Bass player likes a high end sound so he dosn't have alotta low end to work with and I think something was wrong w/ the kick mic or cable as there was barley anything there on the track... I fattenend up both of them as much as I could with out them sounding bogus.

I added in the Leslie effect on the intro guitar part as an afterthought... and cleaned up every possible noise I could on all the tracks to keep it as clean as I could.

The raw tracks are pretty bad sounding so I have a ton of EQ on just about everything.. but I think I caught the essence of the song and the live sound with out it sounding 'un-natural'... I hope I did anyway

there is a ton of fade Out/Ins to supress all the extra noises, but due to the fact that is was live I had a bitch of a time supressing some of the noises thru the OH mics...I just hope ya can't tell and that they are all seemless... too much and it kills the stereo field for the time the fade out is active, so it was quite a balancing act.

Most of the low end is way down..probably below 60Hz... it's there if you have a subwoofer.... I think it may actually have too much down there...it's different on different systems I suppose. I did get a chance to play it thru our PA w/ 2 JBL active subs and it was rumbelin'.... too much on that system....

Back