Live Mic for Trumpet and Vocals

BRX rad

Hey guys, I'm looking for a mic that I can use live for both trumpet and vocals. Currently I'm using a Sennheiser e845s as a vocal mic, but I'm not sure if it can handle trumpet live or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

The Sennheiser live vocal mics can handle fairly high SPLs and should be fine for trumpet. If you want to use it for both trumpet and vocals (and the trumpet is much louder than the vocals) then you might want to run it through a compressor and sqaush the trumpet levels down a bit. Very technical terms :)

What about an 865? Thats the same sort of thing as to what you have already been using, but is a condensor. Extended frequency response. Fairly cheapish.

a sennheiser 421 would be alright as well

I played in a band with a female lead singer/trumpet player for years. We mostly used an E845 or occasionally an E835 so you'll be fine. The trumpet sounded slightly less harsh through an SM58 but her voice didn't sound as good so we stuck with the Sennheisers. You'll be fine with what you've got IMO.

I played in a band with a female lead singer/trumpet player for years. We mostly used an E845 or occasionally an E835 so you'll be fine. The trumpet sounded slightly less harsh through an SM58 but her voice didn't sound as good so we stuck with the Sennheisers. You'll be fine with what you've got IMO.

Thanks sounds good! :D

Back