Live drums 2488neo

rmc433

Well our drummer broke down and traded his Electric drums for an acoustic set. Will need to record these soon. I have enough mics etc,etc. Any problems recording drums. We have a "sort of studio" and are not playing at high levels. Any advice ??? Thanks

Any advice ??? Thanks

Well......Tune the drums right and experiment with mic placement until you have the sound you want. I don't know what exactly you're looking for, as far as advice is concerned. It might help if you tell us how many mics you have access to.

The dude has a tascam...this is the one thing im not so hot on this peice...why not just set us up with a input setup with 16 inputs...after all they have interfaces like that.

You only have 8 live inputs with the 2488. I don't know how many mics you are planning on using on the drum kit, or whether you plan on recording the band "live" or one track at a time.

I think what darrin is alluding to is that if you are going to need more than 8 live tracks, you'll likely need a separate submix for the drums.

I also find that electronic drumming devices are a lot easier to get along with than live drummers. :D And they keep time a lot better. ;)

That's all I've got!

I also find that electronic drumming devices are a lot easier to get along with than live drummers. :D And they keep time a lot better. ;)

That's all I've got!

And dont forget the fact that you dont have to split any of the cash with one either...lol.

Back