Live drum triggering, than replacing by a sample

kubeek

Hi,

I have a drum recording with the kick on a separate track, and I want to replace all the hits by some kick sample, because the original sound is really bad. How do I do this in Cubase SX?

Ok I will try that.

I have another question, I have 8in 8out soundcard, and I want to route the tracks to the outputs, eg. recording headphones, monitoring and so on. Is there some plugin that could do it? I don´t want to do it manualy through the effects busses.

kubeek said:
Ok I will try that.

I have another question, I have 8in 8out soundcard, and I want to route the tracks to the outputs, eg. recording headphones, monitoring and so on. Is there some plugin that could do it? I don´t want to do it manualy through the effects busses.
You just need to configure the outputs in Cubase. You can send any track (or group of tracks) to any output. It has nothing to do with effects sends. It's all in the manual.

I know I can send track to one output, but I need to send it to more outputs at different volumes.

No it doesn´t, but I just found out I can do it in the effects section, there are slots for effects and the output busses.

You just set up group tracks. You can send a signal to a bunch of group tracks using the aux sends.

I have another question:
I have the 8+8 soundcard controlled by the supplied asio driver, and I would like to use also a Soundblaster card as another input/output. How can I do that?

kubeek said:
I have another question:
I have the 8+8 soundcard controlled by the supplied asio driver, and I would like to use also a Soundblaster card as another input/output. How can I do that?
Most of the time, you can't. You can only use one asio driver at a time. Even getting two of the same cards to work together is a pain because you have to syncronize the clocks. Soundblaster has no provision for this. (and should never be used for audio in the first place)

So you say I am limited to use only one card at a time? I was planning to buy maya44 or something similar to extend the recording capability, and this seems like a big problem for me. :(

You have to get cards that are made to link up. You can't just have a bunch of different cards working at the same time.

I wouldn't use the crappy soundblaster anyway.

You can't use two different soundcards with Cubase, but you could with Logic...

Back