Live bluegrass group. Am I on the right track?

Fun song, vocal harmonies a little low for my liking. What was the mic setup situation like? Complete novice here, but it sounded like there was alot of high frequency space just hanging around. Is this just a by-product of the room or the live setup?

I was a "set it up and push record" situation.
I am causing some of the space, just not as delibrately as I would like to.:thumbs up:

The mix needs some work like the harmonica is really buried. I'm not getting any bottom end but maybe there ain't none.
The band sounds good good and gets a nice groove.

Why'd you start messing with it?

That sounds so much better to me. What was the reasoning behind doing that to the stereo out originally? That head space is gone now that I thought I heard, this sounds much better as that low end is there now, the harmonies are clearer.

I did that because I had two albums inserted into this project as a reference. They sounded so much clearer, and I didnt want to remix the rythm section because I have already put effort into giving the drum and bass space to live together

I don't hear much difference. The first mix sounds clearer by comparison. Still not getting any bass, at least nothing defined. I can hear a banjo pretty clearly and the singing is clear. The rest is kind of a drone underneath. I can hear a snap of some kind. I don't hear drums at all.

Back