littledog's dilemma: stay or go?

littledog

I am asking your indulgence for taking the bold liberty of posting a non-mixing/mastering question here.

I can no longer seem to operate efficiently on this site. Pages take many minutes to load, or they don't load at all. This has been a chronic problem for a few days now.

The result of my bulletin board travails have been a marked increase in productivity in the rest of my life: more sleep, more exercise, better work habits, my girlfriend likes me better, etc.

So the question is twofold:

Is anyone else having the same problems?

Should I take advantage of these technical problems to cold turkey myself out of here?

go sleep, but be sure to check back frequently
or better just stay and make fun of the newbie insulting everyone's gear :)

Littledog,

You're not Robinson Crusoe..................I think pretty well everyone has been having problems here.

:cool:

Oh, I forgot to tell you littledog. Dragon bought this site to renovate it. It used to be called Hotel Califionia, but there was a weird stigma associated with it so he changed the name. So all of us have fallen prey to his evil scheme to lure us into Hotel Homerecording. You know what that means. It means that no matter how hard you try, no matter how the site works, or how many people are being jerks, you can't leave. I guess you missed the seeling of your soul part when you signed up as a member, everyone misses the small contractual text, or maybe your using Microsoft Internet Explorer and the Evil Dr. Gates of Hell has hidden all contractual text in the background colors. My point is, you can't leave, ever!
Ive been here years, Ive tried getting myself banned, it doesn't work? You always find a way(see DJ'Fingaz and Refromed comic members)to come back. Blue Bear tried once when he was registered under BMaleria;) and now look at him, he post count is offensively high.
Oh, and another thing, we need more pro's to balance out the newbie influx. That way ex pro's like myself can focus on the loop holes in getting out of this place:p

SoMm

Foum Rules:
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] code is [B]OFF[/B]

ouh shit... :(

Last edited:
Besides a piece of cheese in a mousetrap there is another free thing in life - this great website.

littledog: you are free to stay...

Don't go you sonnovva..............

You can cut back, but don't cut us off--we're mean buggers. If you do go: your stuff is on the curb, the locks will be changed, and we'll have a restraining order on your ass.

Balance, balance is what you need doggy.

Your posts... I read.

And whose more important... Really. Your girlfriend or US.

(If you're not with us, you're with the terrorists.)

-Jett

I hear you LD. I've been considering the same thing.

The fact that I write electronic music has a something to do with it. There are very few people on this board who have deep expertise in this type of music, so most of what I learn here is fairly general. And I've been doing this long enough that I have most of the generalities down. So I find that I'm answering many, many more questions than I'm asking. That's cool. I like to share my knowledge. But when I do, I want to give the very best information I can. And that takes time. Anyone who knows me here, knows that my posts rarely less than a paragraph or two worth of solid information. Which is also cool.... to a limit. It's beginning to feel a bit too lop-sided now. I'm starting to think that I'm sinking way more into this board than what I'm getting back.

Is that being selfish, or is it just part of the natural evolution?

barefoot

http://barefootsound.com

Hey LD!

Stay in here! You might try to back off a little but don't leave totally... Though I also played lots of times with the thoughts of leaving this place and the vsplanet - I don't seem to be able... So it just ends up in a little less sleep.

aXel

Son of Mixerman said:
So all of us have fallen prey to his evil scheme to lure us into Hotel Homerecording. SoMm

BTW, I'm sick of all the elite 'philes at this site spewing on and on about the "warmer" sound of a Best Western room. Fact of the matter is, Best Western doesn't sound any "warmer" than a Holiday Inn (although I hear good things about the Beverly Hilton).

I can get a better sound in a motel room than most people can get with a farting bellhop and a boiler room! :mad:

Your question reminds me of that song... should I stay or should I go... lol.

The boards load slow... but, it gives me time to goto the store, make dinner, eat, and still make it back in time for whatever... lol.

:)) Just get in the habbit of never sitting down on purpose to get onto this site.....
I just open it up only when I go into my office during a break in tracking / mixing, whatever, and that's all.

I have a nice connection and this is a slow site. I noticed it got worse recently, when I started using Avatars. With them turned off my pages seem to load much faster. Now and then I get a dud that seems to last forever... but overall better.
I bet if we all turned them off, the site would run a lot faster. I like the Avatars, but it might be better if they were on our profile page instead. I'm not an expert, but I know pictures always load slower than text. We must unite against the common enemy, the Avatars.

Besides, I like reading your posts... you son of a bitch :):):)

Yo Dog of smallest dimensions:

Stick around. I would certainly miss your concise and succinct evaluations and comments.

Slow? Yeah, man. I like a slow world since I've retired. Just don't like to stand in line since I left the military.

We need your woof woof around here.

Green Hornet :D :p :cool: :p

Stay.

This place goes all slow sometimes, and then the problem gets remedied. If we send Dragon some money, it'll speed up I think. I'm serious - and I'm not being cynical or sarcastic. He needs this site to be drawn to his attention periodically and also for the exercise to have something worthwhile in it for him. He used to participate on the site, but since he's lost interest in that, there's gotta be something else in it for him. Money often works.

It's 0616, I'm at work on a T1 line and pages are unbearably slow to load.

If I were at home, I would have gone to another site. I wish I could contribute some money to the site for more bandwidth, but it's not gonna happen until after Christmas.

Until then, I just hold my tongue and wait.......................................

Littledog you must "STAY"!
Or we're sending you to obedience school.

Common sense isn't that common, and with you gone...

Chris

Me? Useless as tits on a boar hog.

You? Probably better hang around.

It is kinda hard to put up with the sluggishness sometimes, but I keep trying because I learn so much here. And you are one of the ones I have learned from. Would hate to see you go away.

Back