Little Things

I like it. Cool song and not a bad mix. Could use a tad more bass but my question is........how and where was the vocal recorded? I assume that was you? Your voice is excellent but it's sounds like you were standing in the back of a room with the mic in the front of the room. Well...not that bad but you can really hear the room effects on the track. Is that how you intended it? In any case........thanks for the listen!!

Cheers for the comments. The vocal was actually close mic'd but I went for a wide room reverb on it for that old 60s soul sound. Might be a tad over the top!

I can't claim the singing - that's the singer from the band. :)

Cool song, but I'm also not a huge fan of the vocal reverb. IMO reverb should be used to make it sound like the whole band is in the same space even when it's all recorded separately. The progression and melody reminds me a lot of Aerosmith's "Cryin"

I like the clean guitar sound.
Liked the kick sound.
Good performances throughout.

I'd make the vocal and the sax a tad (1 dB) louder.

(reminds me of "Cryin'" as well=

I liked the vocal alot. Reminded me of Janice Joplin stylistically. .just not as much rasp. I agree that the verb dosen't work that well. It's a good song and I think pretty well recorded and mixed. I enjoyed listening.

Cheers guys, thanks for the feedback. Gives me some food for thought for the next song. I don't know much Aerosmith but I'll have to check that song out now!

I thought it sounded pretty decent (except for the reverb on the vocal of course :)). The instruments all seem like they're in the same place, then the vocal sounds like it's on Mars or something. I'd definitely re-do that.

The kick might be just a bit loud. It's louder than the bass by quite a bit.

Listening with headphones.

Nice song, nice sound, nice performance. I could do without the vocal effect, but I don't want to harp on the "little things..." ;)

Now that I see TripleM's comment, I agree that the kick volume is rather high relative to the bass guitar's volume. This is a layman's opinion, but in addition to turning the kick slightly down I might turn the bass slightly up.

Back