Little Metal Instrumental

o0Charlie0o

I haven't posted here in awhile, but though anyone that might remember me, might want to take a listen to a recent recording.

I haven't spent so much time on it, and please ignore the errors on drum playing!

was the file

only supposed to be 46 seconds long? It seemed like it was just getting started when it cut off.
The drums could use a little more kick for this style and alot less room sound. You already adressed the timing issues.
The guitar sounds ok, not really my style of metal. Is that a 7 string or is your guitar just really tuned down?
Is kind of hard to comment when its so short. Its hard to see where the song is going. Post something longer, you might get more replies.

Well hence the "little metal instrumental"

Its not a song, just a short instrumental for now.

I was actually thinking about the room sound thing, and maybe thats why my recordings don't sound up front. Maybe i should put blankets all around the drums?

you might

move your mics closer to the drums themselves if you aren't close micing. Try some gating as well, if your room is really open sounding you may want to track drums somewhere else. How many mics were using on the drums?
I know you said it was a "little" metal instrumental but come on man 46 secs? lol. I can think of intros that are longer than that.

It is all close mic'd

Mics on each tom, and 2 overheads then a mic on the snare (which is gated) and a mic on the kick...

The tom mics and overheads are all on 2 tracks because i only have 4 inputs available to me on my sound card.

the main problem that i know i have is the drum set is inside a completely wooden panel 8x8 foot room (except the ground which is carpet, and one side of the room is plexiglass. It would be easier for me to blanket up that room then to move the drum set and mics and cables and everything.

Back