little instrumental ditty

Diragor

I've done some mean 4-track mixing in my time, but I'm a newbie to home recording with decent equipment. I think I'm at least to the point where I could make use of some specific advice and feedback though, so here goes.

(~2.2 MB)

This is a track I recorded a couple days ago for a demo CD. It's me playing guitar, bass, drum kit and some extra percussion layers on top of it all in some parts. I know the guitar tone isn't the greatest in the world, but what I'm focusing on here is the drum and bass guitar sounds. I've been wrestling with seperating the kick drum and bass guitar and I think I may still be EQ'ing too much low end into the kick (not completely used to near field monitors yet and I'm a bass junkie). Seems bass-heavy on subwoofer systems (I mean more than the usual bass-heaviness created by the sub) but not so much on others. So, any comments will be appreciated but I'm looking specifically for drum and bass feedback. Thanks!

Nah- on my Events the kick seemed not even there, and the toms sounded like cardboard. Like some really loud thuds. I think I heard maybe two snare hits throughout the whole thing. Didn't hear the bass at all either, but I did like that guitar tone! What'd ya use to mic the kit and how'd you record the bass?

Diragor,
Kickin tune,great guitar work.
I listened to it on my p.c. speakers and I couldn't hear the bass guitar at all.
I loved the way you worked in and out of the song,what if you faded into the song with the same drum work you faded out with then started the guitars,(just an idea.)
Great stuff!
muzeman

Great tune... great playing..

I'd say the bass lacks low mid, and the kick seems low and lacking attack in my Sennheiser 414's..

Nice tune..

I'm up at work, on AltecLansing ADA880's, still can't hear the kick. The bass isn't there, either, around 2:05 as it fades out... maybe drop the guitar and cymbals a bit, let everything else come up a little.

My Million Pesos.

no bass for me either....drums missing something...guitar sounded great....gibs

Thanks for the feedback - it confirms some things I thought and brings up some new points. I'll be back....

Back