Little EQ/Level Help on super chill tune?

Robertt8

Hey guys!

Here's a tune that I feel might be a little too muddy and the levels might be a little off.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Tait

Attachments

• Thankyou E-1.mp3
    5.5 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
It seems like it might be panned a little wide. Maybe a little bright it sounds to me? The compression is a overdone I think, might have to go over that again. It's pumping during the chorus, not clipping though that I can tell. Sounds well-balanced, cool song too.

This is real good. Catchy song and good performances all around, especially lead vocal. I didn't find it muddy. I'm leaning toward saying bring the lead vocal up, but it's close. Maybe during that driving chorus in the middle. The panning of the kick drum was unusual but I like it. I also think it is too compressed.

EASLERN: Thanks for taking the time to listen! I’ll check the brightness…it sounded alright on the few things I’ve listened to, but I’ll take a listen. I “mastered” this one on the fly, so I probably overdid everything. Thanks!

ROBUS: Thanks for checking it out! I felt like the lead vocals was fine until I listened in my wife’s car, and now I know what you’re talking about. It’s amazing how different one song can be on every playback device. It’s super annoying. I don’t think there’s any odd panning of the kick…I wonder if that’s the reverb?

Is it just me or is this a little bass heavy? I might have to roll off some low end some things.

Thanks guys!

I like it when it started then I really liked it when the singing started. Sounds really catchy. I agree on too much compression on chorus areas.

As far as bass, I am not getting too much on my subbed system. However it does sound a little like the low frequency instruments are competing for space.

+1 on the smashing-to-bits during the chorus. verses and breakdowns sound much better. what mic are you using, btw?

I like it when it started then I really liked it when the singing started. Sounds really catchy. I agree on too much compression on chorus areas.

As far as bass, I am not getting too much on my subbed system. However it does sound a little like the low frequency instruments are competing for space.

Thanks Bruthish! I have big problems on my low end since I primarily mix on headphones, so the low end tends to be a wash of sound and gets overwhelming when lots of things come in. The problem is when I go in and roll off low ends on tracks, I end up with something that seems really thin instead.

Do you think this thing is breaking up on the choruses because of too much compression or too many items competing for space? Thanks for listening!

+1 on the smashing-to-bits during the chorus. verses and breakdowns sound much better. what mic are you using, btw?

Thanks ANDRUSHKIWT. Any suggestions how to tame down the "Smashing-to-bits" parts? I'm hearing it as well. Is that a compression issue or because things are fighting with each other in the low mids?

Oh! BTW, I'm using the Mojave MA-200 for all vocals and mic'ed instruments.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back