Little Blues Ditty

I think I am hearing a delay on the lead guitar is this correct. If so I don't like it. I will give a better listen when I am at home on my real computer.

Hmm, yes you are hearing a lil delay... not a lot though.. what about the delay don't you like? Time issue? Too prevalant? Thanks for the input I appreciate it... I just wanna improve so all comments are welcome. :) I'm trying to nail a good lead tone and I wanna hear opinions. Thanks again.

I'd just hate to tell you what I'm used to hearing and then have you make more of the same stuff. New is always refreshing, new tones, new styles, new effects. That will make you unique. I love to hear new stuff. Keep it up. I love playing the blues too. Especially sounding off a riff to a nice back beat all by myself in my house. Awesome stuff that Blues.

The delay is not something you typically hear with blues, well at least the blues I listen to. The backing guitar is a little harsh. It kinda jumps out and pokes me in the ear. The lead tone is good but maybe alittle more mids would make it better. The cymbals are very wishy washy. The playing is dead on. ummmm its there but a little harsh on my ears. Me kinda lick. :)

I was going for a real 'thick' lead tone...you think I need more mids? I thought it had enough, I will try it with some more in there and see how it sounds, thanks for the helpful advice.

I think it is pretty hip, although I would agree about the backing guitar - I would push it back in the mix a bit, and maybe add a hair of reverb to it, to make it sound less sharp-edged.

I might also experiment with bumping up the bass track a bit. The lead guitar is spot-on, IMHO, and kicks ass. Nice playing ...

Cheers.

Back