Listen that one!!!

sotho

Hi! here is my first recording! It was a cover band retaking best shot from pat benetar... And i just want ur comments about it! I had for this recording some basic stuff! It was recorded on a DAT (Tascam DA-30MKII) and mixed on a Mackie 1604 VLZ (L-R direct to DAT). I had a SPX-90 (drum rev) and a LXP-1 (Vocal rev). Audiologic quadgate, behringer composer (2Xcomp lead voc and back voc), 2 stereo 1/3 oct EQ used in insert mode direct in the strip (for eq'ing Main voc,back voc,kick and snare...). The drum mic was : Beta 52(kick),sm57 snare,AT 4041 for the hi hat and the over head and 3X Senheiser 604 Evolution series... For the bass it was plugged direct in the strip of the mackie in 1/4"!!! LOL so no preamp at all there!! try to find the bottom!!! and for the guit it was a sm-57... For the main vocal i use a AKG 414 and for the back vocal i use a sm-58! And the master DAT was mastered quickly with Wavelab...

So i stand ur post with impatience!!

here is the link!

Fred

Last edited:
seems I needed to 'log on'...or something to get it to play...like needed a password.

there ya go....link working now..

the drums seem to be the best sounding instrument by far to me.
the gtr is ok, but could use some balls to the tone. the playing is decent however.
and...the bass, a little more punch, bottom end too.
The vocals are a little "pinched" sounding, but sang well.

You did a good job of this cover...ESPECIALLY for a first recording. my goodness....my first stuff sounded like absolute garbage...and this is VERY listenable. A little production smutz here and there, a good demo of this song.

Thanks mixmkr for ur comments! But i have to mention that i'm a sound engineer in life... (but live and studio is two differents world!!!) But this one is my first official recording... this was a L-R things but i'm planning to buy a roland 2480 in a few weeks and record in multitracks session!

thanks again for ur comments!

Very nice "first recording". I thought the drums and base sounded great. The guitar seemed a little "flat". You might want to see if there is something you could do to punch that up a little. The original has such a great guitar sound that your competition is tough there.

Keep up the nice work.

Thanks xalien! yep ur right but this was a quick and low budget demo u know!!! it cost to the band like 120$ cdn for rent the equipement and i have give some of my time for the cause! so i think that is a good quality via the price they paid!! LOL

see u lat!

Dead link

The file has been hijacked.Here's what the error message says:

Download Error
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOO MANY RECENT DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS

The URL you are using to download this file from has been used from too many different locations. Please wait a while before trying again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Contact us if you have any questions, and please include the URL of this document in your correspondence.

Back