Listen....crituique....repeat

Piano sounds reverby and big. You can tell it's a plugin though. Guitar sounds cool. The snare sounds a bit lo-fi tin canny ish. It does, however, give it a cool industrial sound. HOLY REVERB! Be careful with reverb. Sometimes it's too much. Good voice. Cool song.

Piano sounds reverby and big. You can tell it's a plugin though. Guitar sounds cool. The snare sounds a bit lo-fi tin canny ish. It does, however, give it a cool industrial sound. HOLY REVERB! Be careful with reverb. Sometimes it's too much. Good voice. Cool song.

Thanks bro! I'll tweak around and see what I can do.

Lol. I love how this song is labeled "Christian Rock" and you avatar is Cash giving us the finger. :laughings:

This mix is a mess. It's blob of reverby mush. Back off the reverb and try again. It sounds like it could be decent, but it's just too much everything. Too wet, too compressed, too loud. Put up a cleaner mix and let's go from there.

I agree with everything said. Too much reverb. Plus (and this is just my opinion) but the voice sounds like it is going crazy on the high ends. Does anybody else think it could benefit from a de-esser?

I like the breakdown toward the end. That's really cool. I'm kind of hearing some timing issues in the drums at certain points that could be fixed in editing if you're like me and really want things in robotic timing. (I'm kind of a nut in that departememt)

Also, instead of so much verb of the vocals, you might think of adding slight delay. You know, like a stereo slapback type thing? I hear that in a lot of new music and use it quite often myself to great effect.

I like the song. It has potential.

-Adam.

Lol. I love how this song is labeled "Christian Rock" and you avatar is Cash giving us the finger. :laughings:

This mix is a mess. It's blob of reverby mush. Back off the reverb and try again. It sounds like it could be decent, but it's just too much everything. Too wet, too compressed, too loud. Put up a cleaner mix and let's go from there.

I can't help taking a great deal of influence from this observation.

I think you have all the elements required of being a good Christian rock band... but I can't give you a reference you probably know. The band is "Red" and in my opinion this is their best song...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gcEyO-XqAw&feature=related

But this is probably better known
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQtXIJq1Xlc

It is fantastic to hear people who believe in hell (I don't) want to scratch their way out, and I think "Red" even pre-date "Linkin Park" (New divide) for this style , but I'm not going to argue about it.

The song is much better after the long piano intro, and when the singing starts it's much better, and hits a good mournful tone... but when you start to break it up it doesn't work for me.

Perhaps I am missing something, but the lyrical repetition "until she wakes" seems to lack obvious "Kingdom come" (which is in there somewhere) biblical intensity.

Anyway, I recon you have the elements of the sound working, tighten up the arrangement and the lyrics to give it more focus.

Last edited:
Back