Linux?

Not I but there is a guy called Folderol over at soundonsound.com that has for years. Met him, smashing chap.
BTW if you want an interface guaranteed to work on Linux the Native Instruments KA6 does. I dare say the smaller versions do as well?

Dave.

I do. I'm new to this forum, and decided to register here just to answer this question.

I've been using Linux for music making since about 2006. First it was just my drums that I did on Hydrogen in Linux, but since about 2011-2012 all of my music making has been Linux-based. It is a good platform for music making, and I am really happy with my studio. I have used a few distros over time, but lately I have been using AV Linux (AVL-MXE). I use Ardour as my DAW and I prefer native Linux plugins for effects and synths. There is a way to use Windows VSTs on Linux, but I have never bothered with that.

My first distro was Zorin OS15 Lite and I liked it but my desktop couldn't handle the screen size and after 5 months of trying to resize I gave up, bought a new computer and went for Mint. It's pretty good. I'm not techy so I only probably use it to 1/1000 of it's capability !

I have used Linux daily for work since 2008 (not music related). At times, I have tried to use it for music and video things. It just never worked out for me, despite all of my computer skills.

My current philosophy is that computer gear from about 2011 was already more than capable of doing great music production (e.g. Digidesign 003 w/Pro Tools LE at 96KHz). I'd recommend something like that over Linux. Of course it does cost more. If money is a concern, Focusrite interface and Reaper would be cool.

Back