line6 rant

Mark Gridley

After years of struggling with recording with my Ux2 toneport, it finally stopped being recognized by my computer. The lights no longer illuminate, and there is a slight rise in the meters when I plug in the USB cable,indicating that the port has power. I have read that the USB2 input is delicate, but I really have taken steps to protect that input as it looked shoddy when I purchased it. I have attempted to download the new drivers, but had no success getting the computer to recognize that there even is something being plugged in. After going through all the frustration of getting in contact (mostly unsuccessfully) with Line 6 support, reading hours of forum subjects, re-installing software, countless system restores, my guess is Line 6 no longer wishes to have my interface operational. Maybe I'll buy an other one? Maybe not. If I had it to do all over again, knowing the hair-pulling dissapointment I was to endure, i would have spent $$ on Pro-Tools. Now comes the best part; after this long rant, the moderator for this forum will not even let this get out, so nobody will help me. Thank you Line 6.

After years of struggling with recording with my Ux2 toneport, it finally stopped being recognized by my computer. The lights no longer illuminate, and there is a slight rise in the meters when I plug in the USB cable,indicating that the port has power. I have read that the USB2 input is delicate, but I really have taken steps to protect that input as it looked shoddy when I purchased it. I have attempted to download the new drivers, but had no success getting the computer to recognize that there even is something being plugged in. After going through all the frustration of getting in contact (mostly unsuccessfully) with Line 6 support, reading hours of forum subjects, re-installing software, countless system restores, my guess is Line 6 no longer wishes to have my interface operational. Maybe I'll buy an other one? Maybe not. If I had it to do all over again, knowing the hair-pulling dissapointment I was to endure, i would have spent $$ on Pro-Tools. Now comes the best part; after this long rant, the moderator for this forum will not even let this get out, so nobody will help me. Thank you Line 6.

hi Mark, welcome to the HR forum.

That's a shame the "moderators" won't let you post. Now we won't know anything about your beef with Line6.

Now that you've got *some* experience with home recording, go for a decent audio interface with an instrument input. You can still use ANY software/DAW you like (you don't have to move *up* to ProTools, necessarily).

I have a UX2 and love it. I have had a bunch of other interfaces too, and still have the UX2 and a Tascam 1641.

Sound wise is one thing....a unit working and customer support quality is another.

I went through a spell of the UX2 not working and each time it was found to be a windows issue.
the one time I recall was Windows was turning off my USB ports or something in energy mode setting or some crap.
Obviously you swapped out USB cables. Its probably Windows.
I ran my UX2 on Windows Xp, 7 and now 8 and 8.1 without issues....once I got Windows to stop turning off my USB ports to save energy.

Sure, you might have a bad unit too, its possible. They make so much crap today with the cheapest parts they can get to make more profit seems to be a never ending goal of cost cutting....but that goes for all brands it seems , imo.

good luck

Audio In Windows 8 Randomly Stops Working With Ux2 - Computer Audio Setup and Troubleshooting - Line 6 Community

Back