Line level mixdown 1/4 reel to reel

As I am in UK I shall say Revox B77 (the 99 is better but like rocking horse **** and lorra money)
You really want half track stereo* as that gives a better S/N than 1/4 track stereo. 15ips of course.

*There might be a second qualification between "stereo" and "two tracks" The former is slightly better for noise and the latter better for crosstalk but I don't know if Revox did those head variations? For "mix down" stereo would I think be the better format.

Dave.

Revox did two channel, two track and two Channel 4 track versions. In the B series 2 track (half-track) was more common and in the A series 4 track was more common (half the tape cost) B77 and the ASC version were beautiful machines, but soooooo expensive now. They all have line level ins and outs

Only goes up to 15ips Dave. And have you seen the state of the heads and tape path on this one?

You would have thought they might have at least cleaned it properly before trying to sell it for that price. I wonder what else is wrong with it if they obviously know so little about what they are selling?

Back