Line In guitar recording problem

Claudio

I to all.
I hope you can help me in this issue.
I have a pc with Creative Audigy EX sound card.
The frontal panel does not work and i don ´t know why,but this is not a problem for now,
I "attached" my electric guitar into the rear panel in the line in.
I hear the sound thru my pc (very low volume) but i can´t use programs like
Amplitube or Guitar Rig.
Those program works with midi or wave inputs ?
Any other idea to be able to record my guitar not in midi way,thru any kind of program ?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Best Regards from Claudio

Your computer line in doesn't have the necessary properties to function as a guitar input. Besides that, a computer makes a pretty poor guitar amp. Get your tone and gain before going into the computer using an amp and a mic or a decent outboard preamp/modeler, and get a proper audio interface to get your sounds into the computer. If you decide you still want to try using the computer as a guitar amp then you still need an audio interface. Some interfaces have instrument input which are sometimes okay, but a quality active DI connected to a mic input is more reliable.

Thanks,i think i understood.
But anyway : Amplitube or Guitar Rig.
Any other idea to be able to record my guitar not in midi way,thru any kind of program ?

Thanks again.
Regards.

Thanks,i think i understood.
But anyway : Amplitube or Guitar Rig.

Thanks again.
Regards.
Both Amplitube and GRig are software guitar "modellers" and can sound pretty good with the right support equipment. Which you do not have!

As you have been told, you really need an Audio Interface, a good one. That Creative (not!) soundcard IS an AI but not one that is very useful for recording and certainly not for "live" guitar repro'. The main problem is Latency, that is a delay between striking a string and hearing the resultant sound.
Almost any modern computer is "fast" enough, even the P4 3.0G one core xp machine I am typing this on is way quick enough but then it has an M-Audio Delta 2496 PCI soundcard in it and old tho the card may be, nothing is much better for latency even today, at any price (same goes for most 1/2 decent PCI cards of course) .
These days you would be better looking at a usb AI and if, as I suspect, cash is tight look for a second hand M-A Fast track pro. The Tascams, us 122 and 144's are said to be quite good too, not tried them for latency myself.

Dave.

Solid advice there.
Creative gear is not especially useful in the studio.

It's not just snobbery either; We speak from experience.

Hi !

Maybe I would suggest you something like the Line 6 POD. You can record with that via USB and it sounds pretty good.

Thanks a lot for all yours suggestions.
I have indeed an Presonus Audio Interface.
I will give it a try.

Best regards.
Claudio

Thanks a lot for all yours suggestions.
I have indeed an Presonus Audio Interface.
I will give it a try.

Best regards.
Claudio

Right, well before you do, pull the Creative out and uninstall all the drivers and any references to it you can find.
I recommend "Revo uninstaller" on its most advanced setting and follow that up with "Ccleaner". Run that several times until it reports "No Issues". Then download the latest drivers for the Presonus and install them. N.B. Pretty universal for usb devices is that you run the drivers BEFORE you plug in the device. Then you might have to run the software 2 or 3 times to finish.

Best of,
Dave.

Right, well before you do, pull the Creative out and uninstall all the drivers and any references to it you can find.
I recommend "Revo uninstaller" on its most advanced setting and follow that up with "Ccleaner". Run that several times until it reports "No Issues". Then download the latest drivers for the Presonus and install them. N.B. Pretty universal for usb devices is that you run the drivers BEFORE you plug in the device. Then you might have to run the software 2 or 3 times to finish.

Best of,
Dave.

I plug my guitar to the IA and i get the sound bypassing the program (Guitar Rig).

I dont know why .....

Back