Line Audio CM3 or AKG C2000B

blini

Hello,

I have two situations that I want to record in, and am about to buy some equipment.

For audio interface, I've settled on the Mackie Onyx Blackjack (I have a Mac). However, I'd appreciate some help in selecting between a Line Audio CM3 or AKG C2000B microphone.

For the moment, I can really only afford one microphone - my budget is €150, perhaps a little more - here are the two recording scenarios:

1. Semi-acoustic guitar & male vocal in a smallish room with a wooden floor, lots of books on shelves, and a fridge in one corner. Some sound proofing could be organised.

2. Two colleagues at work having an informal interview / discussion, probably males, but perhaps male & female, in a smallish bare walled room with a table and a few chairs. Sound proofing would be trickier here. Needless to say, it's rather echoey. (All the rooms in the building are like this, just of differing size, some small, some huge.) The end product would be about 5 minutes long and be shared as an mp3 of around 5Mb.​

Given the limitations involved, how might the two microphones fare? Is the one more flexible than the other? Would scenario 2. actually work better with two microphones?

Any insights people can share are much appreciated.

Back