Line 6 Tone Port UX2

Fangar

Hello all,

I am looking to get into the Line 6 Tone port UX2 and figured I would post up some questions here first. I would likely go with a try PC Card interface, but bought a new computer that has Windows XP Media Edition installed. From what I have read, most companies don't support that build.

So does anyone know if the Toneport will funtion with Sonic Foundry's Vegas? I have been using Vegas for a while and like its quality and simplicity. My PC is up to snuff as far as speed and performance, but wanted to get an overall feel from some fo you folks that have used the unit.

On another side, does anyone have any experience with Windowx XP Media Edition and succsessful use of a PC Card?

Thanks in advance,

Fangar

Just guessing, but I would think since XP Media edition seems to be just a modified version of Windows XP rather than a whole new operating system, it should still be compatable with most of what XP is, no? You never know though because I did have to run the SP2 update on my XP PRO first just get my Toneport to work at all and wasnt expecting that. (Its part of the mimimum requirements). Media edition incorperates that same update, right?

Maybe the lack of 3rd party support you mentioned is more a matter of companies just not wanting to train thier tech support people to have to navigate through yet another one of Microsofts latest OS tangents than actual hardware issues themselves. I cant imagine that anything calling itself "Media" edition would actually end up being LESS compatible with soundcard hardware than regular XP, but you never know.

You may want to check out the Line 6 forums on this one if nobody else can provide the answer:
http://line6.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

As for the Toneport UX2 itself.......Great piece of gear for the money. I dont see why they just dont make an 8 channel version of it and take an even bigger bite out of the soundcard interface market.

Last edited:
Back