Line 6 pod hd pro/Mesa Boogie 2:90?

Nathan1984

So I just bought a line 6 pod hd pro, which I am really liking so far. I was wondering if anyone else has had any experience with the HD. I was wondering everyones opinion on it, on a side note, I am buying a Mesa Boogie 2:90 power amp to go with it, I would love to know if anyone has any experience with it as well, and better yet combined the HD with the Mesa, I figured it probably will sound massive. Time will tell.

I use Line 6 gear as well, mated to a cheaper Hughes & Ketter amp. I love it and have realized some of the best sounds in my head with it. But, as with ALL gear, what you choose will have it's own voice and it's up to you to find it and tweak it to your preferences without asking it to go outside of it's natural habitat. You have to zero in on the best aspects it has to offer and not insist that it sound an exact certain way.

Yes, your chosen gear can sound massive and sick as hell, but that is all a matter of opinion and preference.

gosh, isn't this the same rig that ty tabor of king's x used to tour with?

he got a great sound live

I'm liking the feedback, king's x tone setup, we shall see lol. I know Dino from fear factory uses the hd pro live so I know it has alot of possibilities.

I experimented with my rack setup today for maybe 2 hours. Very fun stuff, I have a furman power conditioner, powering my line 6 pod hd pro, into a Mesa Boogie Simul-Class 2:90 tube power amp. I am using the Angl F-Ball Pre model with only a noise gate and tube compressor following, and it is meaty with a capital M. Sounds really good. I am very shocked, but at the end of the day it is about a 2000 dollar setup, just in the head part of the equation, it should sound amazing for that kind of money, matter of fact, I guess I could have gotten the real Engl Fireball for that kinda scratch but it wouldn't have all those gnarly effects. If anyone wants to hear alittle tid bit of the tone I am getting let me know, I can mic it up with my trusty Senn. e609 or 57 and get ya alittle clip.

I would love to hear your tone. I just recently got a POD HD desktop and the FBV Shortboard MKII to go with it. I run it into the line-in input on my Crate Power Block amp, to bypass the EQ and gain controls. The head then runs into a Behringer 4x12 cab. The whole rig sounds pretty good live, and even better direct into the house system or into the computer for recording, but I'm still experimenting with my amp tones. If you can provide a diagram of the amp and FX settings as well, that would be awesome!

I experimented with my rack setup today for maybe 2 hours. Very fun stuff, I have a furman power conditioner, powering my line 6 pod hd pro, into a Mesa Boogie Simul-Class 2:90 tube power amp. I am using the Angl F-Ball Pre model with only a noise gate and tube compressor following, and it is meaty with a capital M. Sounds really good. I am very shocked, but at the end of the day it is about a 2000 dollar setup, just in the head part of the equation, it should sound amazing for that kind of money, matter of fact, I guess I could have gotten the real Engl Fireball for that kinda scratch but it wouldn't have all those gnarly effects. If anyone wants to hear alittle tid bit of the tone I am getting let me know, I can mic it up with my trusty Senn. e609 or 57 and get ya alittle clip.

Well, an obvious YES!! Post it man! Shy?

It's been a long time since I've been on here, mostly because I've been overhauling my studio. I got a shit ton of new equipment, so I have been playing with that. Still really like my Mesa/line 6 combo, I did just get a new splawn 4x12 and it sounds incredible together. I picked up some new mics, and went with a focusrite saffire pro 40 paired with a behringer ada8000 here recently, got monitor stands, a rack for my studio gear, all kinds of crap. I will be getting back on track, posting new stuff soon. My mixes sound a whole lot better these days, I've got alot more experience since I started posting here. Thanks for all the help, give me alittle time and I'll be throwing out tracks left and right for ya.

Back