Liking Reaper a Lot but..

EZWriter

I finished the 330 page manual today. Whew... I've been playing with multiple tracks, compression, EQ, chorus, etc. and I'm impressed. This is a much more user friendly program than the Cubase my audiogram came with. Everything seems pretty easy to figure out with a little practice except one thing... Every time I try to select a portion of a track in order to delete it I seem to select way more than I want. Half the time I end up selecting a clip of ALL of the tracks. Even in a track in which I've done dynamic processing I can't seem to just select one of the bits there to remove (say a couple of organ bars). I know there must be an ultrasimple way to do this. What am I missing? Also is there an easy way (tweaking of compression perhaps) to get rid of one rough base note? I know you know what I mean. It's like that one note where you got too close to the mike and sang the world Paul. Puh!aul.

Try using the sliders at the top of the track window to select the area of interest. You may have to turn off 'enable snapping' in 'options' to get the particular selection you want. You may also have to zoom in to see the area of interest.

Click on the track you are interested in. This prevents the others from being clipped when you do this.

If you have a popping 'p' in 'Paul', then rerecord it.

Thanks, Gecko, that worked great (although I haven't gotten up the nerve or practice yet to rerecord vocal WITHIN a track but I'm getting to it). Can't tell you how much I'm falling in love with this program after spending a week and a half trying to learn the other one. I think I've got everything in my little office studio I need now, guitar, keyboards, autoharp, harmonicas. All that's missing is a drum program and I mean to fix that soon with Cakewalk. I'll never be blowing Willie off the CD player, but this is just for an old 50 something to dub around with and waste writing time... Something my kids and grandkids can listen to and chuckle after I'm gone.

I'm pleased it worked out for you.

Now get cracking and churn out the hits!

Willie won't know what hit him!

Back