"Lift" - revisited - new vocal track

Intro sounded like mid 80s hair metal.
The panning effects on the guitar combined with the drums are too sea sick making.
The keyboard choppy chop chords were very cheesy - the solo was even more so.
Sounds like early 80s hard rock with half of Starcastle and 1/2 of the band who did the Eye of the Tiger.
Sounds like it was recorded well enough - the bass tone is a little too Japan (without the slide fretlessness).
Bombastic (particularly the singing) with lyrics that are either very, very deep or a luck dip - this is VERY 80s.
I hope you were going for that.

It is a curious thing. I am hearing a lot of songs on forum that seem to just put off an 80s vibe. I really think that sometimes the drum samples give it that feeling cause after all the '80s probably had a lot of sample triggers on them drums. Anyway, I think the production is clean enough, but I'm not really a fan of the song exactly. I can tell what it's trying to do, I just wish it could be a little darker. But I say that as a person who needs major writing improvement, I'm practically embarrassed by what I do so please don't think I'm biased towards anything in particular.

The mono synth is very old-sounding, so assume that's what you were going for. I agree with Ray that the stereo-effect guitar (and later keys) are too much. In the middle the vocal goes over to the right side with a short delayed/reverb on the left, then back to the center right after, not sure this works how you wanted.

Very very 80's rock. Not that its a bad thing. Cool song, I agree that the L-R-L-R panning of the guitar is too much. It messes with my equilibrium.

Back