lexicon pantheon with AA

ace516

well, i tried out a friend's sonar's producer edition. im not gonna switch over from AA to sonar, it just wasn't for me. but my friend really recommended the lexicon pantheon plugin and i wanted to test it out to see if i like it at all. im not gonna go on purchasing something (especially a reverb) that doesn't fit my taste. but AA didn't pick it up. AA didn't detect it at all when sonar was installed on my computer. anyone know why? :confused:

Is it a VST plugin?

(This might be a dumb question, cuz I don't know if AA 2.0 does VST, but I know that previous version of the software didn't recognize VST plugins.)

AA started supporting VST with 1.5, I think. Older version work with a "wrapper" (I installed one with CEP, and it worked fine)>

I'm pretty sure that the Sonar version of that Lexicon plugin is a "Sonar Exclusive" plugin that will only work in Sonar.

They did the same thing with some of the plugins that came with Sonar 2, the DSP FX ones IIRC.

uughh!! a sonar exclusive plugin? :(
so btw, has anyone tried the lexicon pantheon? any feedback on it?

Yes, its built for Sonar only. I think that was required by Lexicon to allow it to be included.

I have it - its fine.

However -- a convolution reverb (like the free SIR, or the one built into the latest Sonar) is much better. You can get the Lexicon sound, if that's what you want --- and a whole lot more.

-lee-

Yeah, I think pantheon does that often. I have a Cubase exclusive version of that plugin. When loading it, AA just says something like it is not a compatible edition. Personally I think the stock reverbs are better than any plugin reverbs I have.

Back