lexicon lxp1

the lxp-1 was my first real reverb several years back. it is an excellent little unit, and can be found used these days for around $150 or so. IMHO, it is a far richer reverb than on any of the entry level units such as the nanoverb, etc, and is better (IMHO) than the newer lexicon mpx100. the lxp-1 is still used in a number of major studios for certain applications, and makes a very nice addition to any project studio.

Hey,

How does it do as a guitar processor, how about overdrive, is it any good?

Speaking of LXP-1, i've got a problem with levelling .. The reverb output seems to be skewed (or heavy) towards the left or right. There is no pan control on my mackie aux that i can tweak to have it balanced.

Does any LXP-1 owners have the same problem too? or is there something particularly wrong with my unit? I've connected the LXp-1 as a parallel effects setup(mono input, l/r output)

Soul Guy...I dont have the problem that you have with your LXP 1 ..It maybe some thing that you could ajust with the MRC conroller In the meantime you could go to a open channel or chanels with it...plug it in to the send AUX and instead of the AUX return plug the outs to 2[left in one right in the other] open channels[line inputs]turn up the AUX on you are chanel that you are effecting up to give signal to the REV unit.Now on the Chanels that you returned to bring up your trims then faders you will hear the effect now. The good thing about this is that you can now use your EQ and pans on your effects .I think that they call this cascadeing effects.I find it useful.

Back