Lexicon LXP-15

rokko

Hi everyone.

I've received an old Lexicon FX unit, the LXP-15. The unit is in fairly good condition, but the first thing i noticed is that - Level Settings -aren't working properly. MIX, PAN and OUT values make no changes at all. Only the IN parameter affects dry/wet balance but in a weird way.

I've re-initialized the unit but self-test fails in 2 operations:
1.- ADC 2.- Volatile Ram. ADC failure migth explain this behavior but i'm not really sure of what that means or what component might be faulty.
Volatile Ram refers to Low-Bat i guess. I've checked inside and the battery seems to be soldered to the mainboard?

I'd really like to repair this classy unit. Just in case it's a 1991 1.xx version. (i'm outside USA).

Thanx in advance for your help.

Fixing the Lex

Rokko --

What country are you in? I can possibly help connect you to the Lexicon Distributor in your country, who can likely give you assistance.

TGB

Hi and thanx for your fast response.

I'm Lima-Perú which make me feel pretty hopeless regarding authorized technical service down-here. I'd rather give it to a very talented technician - who happens to be a good friend of mine - to check it out.
Other than that i found the lxp-15 pretty noisy, may be linked to it's defective electronics anyway.

I guess i'll have to be patient an look for something elese in the meantime.

Peruvian Distributor:

rokko:

Understood about wanting to get it to a great tech. Should you want to contact the Peruvian distributor, here's the info:

Company: TELEWATT S.A.
City: LIMA 27 PERU
Telephone: 51-1-440-5172
Email: telewatt@terra.com.pe

Cheers!

TGB

Thanx TGB.

I didn't know Telewatt was Lexicon distributor here. Their technical service is pretty lame though. I'll contact them anyway to ask them what can they do with this chunky and beautiful sounding unit...

Back