Lexicon lxp-1 problem

TNO

I bought one of these on ebay a good while back and now that I've finally got around to trying it out I'm finding the the input overloads at just about any level. I have an lxp-5 that works just fine so it's not an operator issue. Any good advice on getting it serviced w/o spending close to what I paid for it?

Whats plugged into it?

Its meant to take efx loop signals, if your trying to use it with an a hot signal the input knob won't turn it down enough, at least on some FX units. I have a ART reverb that is switchable +4, -10 and if you take and plug a tape out into it the thing will cease to function within 15 minutes or so. Only use it where its been designed to use. Its possible the previous owner may have unwittingly damaged the input opamps or something like that. Ive had a LXP-1 in the rack a while and have never had this problem.

SoMm

The useable range is between about zero and .3, anything above that and it's distorted. I'm running the output of a dmp3 into it. I have an lxp-5 that works fine so I assume it was fried when I got it.

Back