Lexicon Lambda, new PC and Cubase Elements 6 - hope for improvement?

7enderbender

Hi there,

I'm looking to improve my homerecording setting. I currently use an old Pentium 4 PC with 4GB ram and decent hard drives. It kind of works but when pushing things the limitations become clear. I get about 10ms latency which is not all that bad but I have to constantly reset the driver settings to record audio. This is the case with my original LE4 and the same (if not worse) with my trial version of Elements 6 that I'm testing at the moment (can't really say that I'm all too impressed and may just want to stick to LE4 and EZ drummer)

My budget would be something between 500-700. Is it worth getting any of the i5 PCs with 8GB ram running Win 7 64 bit? It would certainly help with my photo editing software but I have a hunch that my Cubase experience may be pretty much the same (if not even worse). Should I look for a new audio interface and/or kick Cubase altogether? And I also can't really say that I'd be looking forward to adjusting to Win 7 and dealing with all the network issued that would come up for sure.

Mac is not an option given my investment in Adobe CS5 for PC and being dependent on a fully functioning MS Office 2003 suite.

Thanks

Back