lexicon core2 vs. aardvark aark 24

redcake

they are similar in that they both have the adat optical i/o. but the aark also has adat sync. plus midi. core 2 has neither of these, and is only 4 analog in/8 out. (aark is 8/8) SO, the aark has more BELLS AND WHISTLES. but sound quality? they both are 24bit(96kHz??? i cannot find many specs on either product).
the aark is $700.
the core 2 is $400.
can anyone comment on either or both of these? i am trying to decide which to buy.

[This message has been edited by redcake (edited 06-14-2000).]

I believe that the Core-2 is only 24bit/48kHz not 96kHz. I could be wrong, but I was also looking into the Core-2 and I could not find anything about it being 96kHz only 48kHz. I ended up ordering the MidiMan Delta 66, I found one for $300 and it is the next step up from the Core-2. But if you are willing to spend between $400-$700 then I suggest you seriously check out the LynxOne. It doesnt have a breakout box but it does have extension cables, so you can still avoid haveing to get to the back of the computer. I have only heard great things about this card, it is supposed to have some of the best sound quality that's available right now. Hope this helps!

yes, i've heard good things the lynx one and the delta 66 as well, BUT i need the adat i/o. any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

i do not think the s/pdif i/o would work with the adat....the only digital outs on the adat being the optical line.
....any more suggestions? much appreciated.

Back