lexicon core 2 trouble

redcake

i called sam ash to order a lexicon core 2, and the salesman told me they were about to discontinue it, because SO MANY PEOPLE have had incompatability problems and were returning the units. Anybody know anything about this? Any users out there care to comment?

I have heard about the Core-2 haveing incompatability problems with drivers. It seems that most people who are looking at the Core-2 end up going with the MidiMan Delta 66. I did and I've read of others who had also.

[This message has been edited by dabluesman (edited 06-16-2000).]

Hey Guys,
There Are New Drivers That Are Supposed To Fix Those Conflicts, But I'm Not Gonna Be The One To Tell You They Do. I'm Running Core 2 On A AMD K6 400 And Love The Card, Just Got The Effects Add On Card, And Am Extremly Pleased. Just My 3 Cents.
P Taylor

Uhhhh... man I've been lookin at that card, I'd love to have the ADAT in and the effects expansion seems nice (although for a price).

Does anyone know specifically what software/hardware the Core2 has conflicts with?

-jhe

Hey James,
Yeah, I've Heard A Lotta People Mention Compatability Prob's, But Nobody Goes Into Details, Except Driver Prob's. Mines Working Great. What Can i Say ?
The Effects Card Was Only 129.00 At Guitar s8-n Vs. 250.00 For The Lexicon MP100 Rack Unit. Heard There Virt. Identical.
P Taylor

My core2 runs great on my PII 450 192k, scsi
but My cousin gets tons of pops and clicks on his slower 128k ide system.
I like the card and the mp100 is outrageous for the money! It really helps at mixdown to have realtime effects without slowing the processor down.

My core2 runs great on my PII 450 192k, scsi
but My cousin gets tons of pops and clicks on his slower 128k ide system.
I like the card and the mp100 is outrageous for the money! It really helps at mixdown to have realtime effects without slowing the processor down.

Back