lexicon 284 amp

Well

My lead guitarist uses one with a Genz-Benz 2X12" closed-back cab that he moded and opened the back of for his live amp. He really didn't like the preamp section so now he just uses the power amp section an old Peavey Rockmaster preamp that is really on its last leg but he absolutely is in love with his sound now. He also uses a Lexicon MPX500 for his FX too, so...

I've been wanting one before he ever bought his (almost a year now), and I don't even play guitar! I just figured it'd be nice to have around in the studio for guitarist who just have the nastiest amp you don't want to touch for recording. Plus, it's nice have for keyboards.

Recently I was on the prowl for another direct box. I was about to buy the D.W. Fearn Passive Direct Box when I saw the 284 now going for $400US in AMS (as did everyone else). Well, there's my direct box plus much more!

It's on back order for 3 weeks (so they say; it'll be longer), but I'm not in a hurry for it anyhow.

thanks for the reply ! i've been wanting one for a while but now at $400. i can finally(kinda)afford one. wats another few weeks.......

If you go to Harmony Central

The Harmony Central website posts reviews of about every guitar, amp, and effect ever made. The Lexicon Signature 284 recieved several reviews, most of them good.One gentleman also included some good information on swapping the tubes in it for a better sound. It's a pretty cool site.

Back