Leveling A Track Volume (Removing Fade-Out)

TooHotRecords

Hey guys, All i want to do is where a song fades out at the end.. i want to make it stay the same, or roughly the same throughout for an instrumental i am making.
I just want to know if there is an easy way to do this/ or the est procedure.
If it makes any difference, i use Sonar 9 LE but also have audacity, audition etc...
Thanks for the help.

I'd like to take a faded out part of the song (like when its finishing) so i can make a level volume. well as much as possible.

You mean so that if fades out evenly? I'm not familiar with your software but I would assume you could automate the main output fader to do this.

No no, so that a faded out part of the song. Say the last verse goes from 100% to 0% fading out. I want it too stay 100% the whole time. Not fade out at all. stay one consistent volume. so i can duplicate it and make it an instrumental.

Now that will be rough. You can do the reverse with the fader but you are going to increase the noise level as you go up so it won't sound good. I can't tell exactly what you are looking to do without an audio sample but is seems it would be easier to cut the track before the fade and duplicate/repeat from an earlier point. :D

If i could, i would. Its a song called "Echo" by Eminem. Roughly, the last 30 seconds is the verse instrumental but it fades out. I want to boost the faded part to be the same volume as the rest. Easier said then done obviously.

Even with the 24-bit data (which I'm assuming you don't have access to), you're talking about adding an upward curve of maybe 90dB of gain. Well, even with the 16-bit data for that matter -- But the 16-bit data is going to be (A) dynamically compromised to say the least and (B) dithered.

Back