Let's Have A Drink

mspin

Any suggestions on the mix? The song is a 3:00 minute song called Let's Have A Drink

https://soundcloud.com/renips/lets-have-a-drink

Let’s Have A Drink
Written by Mark Spinner
Copyright 2015 BMI

Fancy meeting you here It’s such a coincidence.
First let me say I meant to call
Maybe we could catch up sometime but I’ve got to run
It was nice sharing a moment or two

Let’s have a drink
It’ll give us time to think
about the times
When we were young
We had a blast
And we did some crazy shit
Theres that look, that look in your eye

Let’s have a drink
about the times
When we were young

Well it’s finally nice to spend some time with you
It’s been so long since we sat and talked
Well look at that the time it just flew by
Stay in touch and we’ll do it again

Let’s have a drink
about the times
When we were young
We had a blast
And we did some crazy shit
Theres that look, that look in your eye

Let’s have a drink
about the times
When we were young

Last edited:
Personally, I found the arrangement cluttered and busy. I kept wishing the guitar and drummer would ease off during the verses to let the singer be heard.

Its super ultra dupper squashed i'd say, the whole thing seem to work out together... i'd just unsquash the drums and guitars a lil

Awesome guitar work man. Might want to go over the mastering step the chorus sounds really compressed, I think it's hurting the song.

Yeah...the guitars take over the whole mix. The drums are a mess and sometimes that is cool, but I guess it wasnt your intention.

And it sounds ultra compressed...like the opening of an anime, Dragon Ball or something.

Your "spacing" is kind of weirdly all-over-the-place. The drums have a ton of reverb and reasonable panning, so they sound like they're in the back of a huge room. The lead guitar also has a lot of reverb, so it's hanging out somewhere in the same area.
Everything else is a lot more dry and centered. The rhythm guitar and bass sound much more dry and almost mono. The lead vocals are pretty dry too. Combined with the pitchiness, it sounds like a garage/indie vocalist trying to sing in an arena rock band. The BGvox have the big arena sound again, but are also pretty pitchy.

Back