Lets get something straight Chili!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RICK FITZPATRICK

This post is a reply to a comment made by the Mod of this forum on another thread.
The comment was this...

Rick is a really nice guy when he's on his meds.
And Chilli is too as long as he gets his dose of authority complex from his corporate masters.:rolleyes:

I don't mind being the brunt of a joke once in a while. But when people get the benefit of my time and skills and then proceed to make a mockery of me by makeing an "excuse" for my percieved behavior by implying I'm "ok" as long as I "alegedly" take some form of medication...and then think I'm gonna keep my mouth shut..I"VE GOT SOME NEWS FOR YA PAL!

Chili, suck on this one dude. I've given more time to this particular forum than you want to admit. I call it like I see it. I'm truthfull and sometimes I offend people who NEED offending. :mad: If that bothers people, too damn bad. Ban me. I don't "get off" on posting here. I do it because I have an interest and skill in Studio design which may or may not help other people.

However, I have a my own view on some things that directly relate to social interface on this forum. That view comes from my "aquired" disdain for snot nosed dumbass's, who were never taught the meaning of respect, or real work, or how to use a belt to hold their pants up, or the difference between and talent and court jester theatrics, or lazy Ipod brained morons who want a quick fix for everything in life. Thats not to say I'm judging people on their lifestyle. But if they post here like their talking to some Ipod "pal", I've got some news for em. If and when they decide to communicate like an adult, then I'll TREAT them as such. Otherwise, as far as I'm concerned, they can FUCK OFF.

In regards to the "med" thing, somewhere along the line you and a few others around here started implying that if a person stands up for something, or rebukes personal insults with equal force, there is something "wrong" with that person that requires medication of some type. Well, I got news for you too. Your integrity/"get it" index is measuring ZERO

Heres the bottom line dude. I put a LOT of time and effort in most of my posts and don't demand a GODDAMNED thing in return other than the right to my viewpoint of others posts. VS...the INCOME recieved by the owners of this bbs by virtue of the quality of info GENERATED by people like ME!!!!:mad:

So anytime the owners or YOU, want to ban me...BE MY FUCKING GUEST DUDE!! Otherwise ....treat me like an asset...I DON"T LIKE BEING MALIGNED OR BEING YOUR WHIPPING BOY!

In summary.....I deserve an apology or you can shove you "med" comment up your ass Chili.

This post is a reply to a comment made by the Mod of this forum on another thread.
The comment was this...

. And Chilli is too as long as he gets his dose of authority complex from his corporate masters.:rolleyes:

I don't mind being the brunt of a joke once in a while. But when people get the benefit of my time and skills and then proceed to make a mockery of me by makeing an "excuse" for my percieved behavior by implying I'm "ok" as long as I "alegedly" take some form of medication...and then think I'm gonna keep my mouth shut..I"VE GOT SOME NEWS FOR YA PAL!

Chili, suck on this one dude. I've given more time to this particular forum than you want to admit. I call it like I see it. I'm truthfull and sometimes I offend people who NEED offending. :mad: If that bothers people, too damn bad. Ban me. I don't "get off" on posting here. I do it because I have an interest and skill in Studio design which may or may not help other people.

However, I have a my own view on some things that directly relate to social interface on this forum. That view comes from my "aquired" disdain for snot nosed dumbass's, who were never taught the meaning of respect, or real work, or how to use a belt to hold their pants up, or the difference between and talent and court jester theatrics, or lazy Ipod brained morons who want a quick fix for everything in life. Thats not to say I'm judging people on their lifestyle. But if they post here like their talking to some Ipod "pal", I've got some news for em. If and when they decide to communicate like an adult, then I'll TREAT them as such. Otherwise, as far as I'm concerned, they can FUCK OFF.

In regards to the "med" thing, somewhere along the line you and a few others around here started implying that if a person stands up for something, or rebukes personal insults with equal force, there is something "wrong" with that person that requires medication of some type. Well, I got news for you too. Your integrity/"get it" index is measuring ZERO

Heres the bottom line dude. I put a LOT of time and effort in most of my posts and don't demand a GODDAMNED thing in return other than the right to my viewpoint of others posts. VS...the INCOME recieved by the owners of this bbs by virtue of the quality of info GENERATED by people like ME!!!!:mad:

So anytime the owners or YOU, want to ban me...BE MY FUCKING GUEST DUDE!! Otherwise ....treat me like an asset...I DON"T LIKE BEING MALIGNED OR BEING YOUR WHIPPING BOY!

In summary.....I deserve an apology or you can shove you "med" comment up your ass Chili.

You do put a lot of time and effort into the forums which is why I haven't banned you yet. But you also berate new people for having ill-conceived ideas and for spelling mistakes and grammatical blunders????? What the fuck Rick?? What the fuck is your problem?? Who really cares if thie kid put a period on the end of his sentence?? This is the internet, not a classroom, nor a boardroom, nor a business meeting.

I'm all for you "standing up for something" and maybe trying to get people to write more lucidly, but your approach is all wrong and we have gone around this before.

The Medication joke was a not-so-subtle hint that you need to chill out with new people. And everyone else for that matter. I've asked you before and not going to ask again.

And get off your high horse about how much you put into this place. Most everyone here puts a lot into this place, just the same, if not more than you. They don't come off with any condescending attitude. You don't get to give new people shit just because you make a lot of contributions.

You keep telling me to BAN you if I don't like it. Well, I don't like it and you're banned. Come back in 6 months.

Oops! Looks like he went to far.

But I will say, his words were always concise and he always had sound advise.

I judge people on many levels and try to let the little stuff go.

But I'm not in charge here. I'm just a bystander tossing in a few pennies here and there.

Of no real consequence to anyone.

I try not to offend but sometimes I still do.

Some can't help themselves. Just wired that way. :o

That better not be serious?! If it is, you can say goodbye to me too. :mad:

Panda, I don't know you, I am relatively new here, but you sound like an intelligent person when it comes to this studio stuff, and you are the only one who has bothered helping me with my room design.

Please don't leave ):

no one. i mean no one. needs offending. Education perhaps, but not offending.

no wonder the med reference was made...

I can only assume from this thread that Rick forgot to take his meds.

Does this guy think he's the Gordon Ramsey of putting foam in room corners? Enough is enough, he'll enjoy the break.

Rick Fitz has been let's getting some things straight with people for years now. The question is to what extent giving some good advice balances out being an unmitigated asshole to all comers. And I say that as someone who has enjoyed reading his flames down the years. But there comes a time when you call out one too many people, one too many times.

What Fitz doesn't know is that Chili was one of the people wanting to hold fire on this the last time we came close to putting him on cool-off time.

Just because somebody throws you the ball, doesn't mean you have to catch it.

The music industry is in the worst shape I've ever seen, and lots of people (like me) that in the past were working damn near every night at good paying gigs are out of work. Thus people are grumpy. I see that come up constantly here and there's been a bunch of times when people seem to be looking for an argument, and the best solution I have is to not catch the ball and go back to trying to make songs sound right.

You could waste your entire life arguing with assholes. Don't fall for it.

p.s. what's this "Force of Nature" stuff? is it like Ex- Lax or something?

who cares? Not me ........ there's plenty of knowledge here regardless of who gets banned.

Personally, I don't like the reaming I see newbies get for not asking their questions properly or wording them grammatically incorrectly.
This isn't a grammar forum and newbies are sensitive by nature.
When they ask a question and get told they're stupid because they spelled a word wrong it's bullshit.

It's one thing to battle over music ideas or procedures ....... but over grammar is just looking for ANY reason to give someone shit.

That one's been a long time coming, no surprise at all. Rick's main problem is forgeting new posters on here are here to seek out advice because they've hit a brick wall or have gone as far as their learning curve will take them.

It seems to me that more often than not he takes great pleasure in belittling people with less knowledge than he (THINKS he) has. Rather than point them back on track with some helpful advice he'd rather put them down as being "idiots" or "clueless" or "morons"...he has a large list of terms he uses.

Christmas is upon us and no doubt The Great Escape will be back on telly this year as it is every other year. Rick can share the cooler with Hiltz :D

This just gave me an idea for a new song, think I'll call it "My Ego Is Bigger Than Yours." I'm Just kidding of course but like a few others around here all the egotistical, backstabbing, I'm right cause you're a dumbass nonsense gets to us all after a while. Telling a newbie they need to be more specific with their questions is constructive, calling them an idiot for asking a generalized question is destructive. I've made a few comments tinged with a bit of sarchasm and my own sort of warped humor, but I've never intended to offend anyone. Like most others I come here to try and learn something and occasionaly share a little of what I have learned over many years of trial and error. I've recieved some really good advice and to those who gave it I say thank you. I've also had some condescending remarks, to those I say you are forgiven. I simply wish we could all get along and learn from one another instead of all the petty bickering. Although we are scattered all over the world, we are all in this together.

Let's simplify it, shall we?

Fitz has flamed all users here over a period of nearly ten years. Numerous times in the past he has been asked to tone it down. The moderators sucked up to him behind the scenes to keep him calm. He decided to get something straight, and he got it straight alright.

Not to mention that the Cave is where we insults mods around here, not the on-topic boards. :mad: :D :D

This won't win me any fans.

Guys, he's banned. He can't defend himself. My life is full of times where I've helped people and times where I've been a tool. The mods made the call - why not just leave it at that?

This won't win me any fans.

Guys, he's banned. He can't defend himself. My life is full of times where I've helped people and times where I've been a tool. The mods made the call - why not just leave it at that?

I think this is a perfectly reasonable idea.

If you want to talk about Rick Fitz, folks, head to the Cave. We (and I include myself) should let the nice people of Studio Building have their forum back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back