Let the Galaxy Burn

IndustrialOkie

Esoteric Order of R'lyeh
Not sure how this one will go over, as it's a much slower tune. Lyrically I borrowed almost exclusively themes from the Warhammer 40k fiction.

Thanks to feedback here the Kraut has agreed to raise the vocal tracks in future recordings.

Enjoy! Or slit your wrist!

Thanks Greg! :D

Yeah it's probably too long for as slow as it is, but sometimes you gotta work with what you get.

love it..kids voices are the business for that kinda creepy feel...i have some recordings of 4 year old neice singing "you are not alone" sounds a great sample for the future

this is much more industrial than the other two for me, purely because of the tempo...but your vocals sound at a much better level..or maybe theres just more room..

I like the soundscape, typically downtempo and dreary, and bleak as fuck vocals...great stuff Tom :)

I think a few listeners will find this less accessible than your other tracks which is not bad thing

love it..kids voices are the business for that kinda creepy feel...i have some recordings of 4 year old neice singing "you are not alone" sounds a great sample for the future

this is much more industrial than the other two for me, purely because of the tempo...but your vocals sound at a much better level..or maybe theres just more room..

I like the soundscape, typically downtempo and dreary, and bleak as fuck vocals...great stuff Tom :)

I think a few listeners will find this less accessible than your other tracks which is not bad thing

Thanks man- if you like it then i've hit my taget audience! :D

Warhammer 40k? You got my attention!

Your vocals still get a little buried during the ... chorus, I guess.

I do like the line "in the future there is only war" That's kind of by definition when you're talking about tabletop gaming. :D

I'm listening on PC speakers and for the most part it sounds real damned good, but I can't hear the vocals like I would like to hear them. This sounds kind of like a NIN style, but with their vocals they are up front and easy to hear. It's a great song and I like it a lot and the vocals seem to be loud enough, but maybe if they were clearer it would make all the difference in the world. It's not too bad how it is though. Just my 2 cents.

Trump

I think the problem lies with only one person being part of the mixing process but two being involved in the song

its like a guitarist mixing himself too loud in a rock song, its obvious the guy with the synths is mixing this...i wonder if he has his part basically mixed and just drops your in Tom??

For me the vocals are mixed straight after the kick and bass..if not they end up under or over the synths

its not much but its there...

though I didnt notice it as much on this track...

Last edited:
Cool tune Okie...diggin the vocals, a lot of expression, of sorts.

Damn, I had no idea I liked some of this type music until you and kc started posting it. Your kraut friend has his shit together, huh?...well, 'cept for maybe burying your vox at times.

Back