let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
mattinthebasement.jpg

just so homey and nice. i shudder as to how fun that basement was.

Damn, that looks like it came right out of the 70's!
Might I add that you've captured the mood especially well in the photo.
I LOVE IT!!
:):)

Your futon is on the cieling!:eek:;)

hehehe, yeh i know it looks a bit strange but you've no idea how much it's improved the acoustics in the mix positions. I find people who are a bit acoustically minded always rememberto treat walls and such but often forget the ceiling, and generally this tends to be the 1s or 2nd closest wall to your ears?

it was a total pain in the but to hang, actually the hardest bit was getting the holes all measured out properly - I was alone, had no step ladder (stood on desk!), armed with nothing but a tape measure, a pencil and a keen set of eyes.

I'm quite proud of how all of this turned out - i'm extatic about how it's improved my room...

Now if i could only be sure that I'll get my deposit back when i move out...:( not likely.

Rick! Where have you been? How's your studio coming along?
Its coming, but as usual, not as fast as I would like. The soffets took almost 3 weeks to complete, and still haven't got the finish faces on them. Can't do that untill I build the framing to hold the "spaceship" treatments.:D Although I have all the parts cut and pocket bored. Just finished my first session with some friends. Crap, the M3700 might as well have been the cockpit of a 747!:eek::confused::D What a mindboggle trying to setup headphone mix, a buss mix, effects mix, and not to mention the midiizer and synching 2 MSR16's. It'll take a year to understand all the in's and outs. Geeezus!:D But I'll post some pics today if I have time. Thanks for asking.
fitZ

GUESS WAT GUESS WAT!!??

nothing.

jk

as most of you know, i'm a teen, so, i don't have much room in my house to record, especially with the parents thinking i'm nuts half the time :lol: lol

good news: my sister is graduating highschool end of this school year. my dad's told her she can keep her room in the house for when she comes home etc. SO. my sister has told me i can use her room for recording purposes:D. it's a medium sized room slanted roof where i will be mixing. but the realy bonus is that she was a square sized walk in cupboard. meaning, she'll take her clothes OUT, and i can build a vocal booth in there! YES! i won't be able to do much treatment, nothing cna be very permanent, but i'm still pretty happy. so right now it's saving up and buying gear time. hopefully this time next year i'll move into the new studio with some decent gear etc. happy happy. plus her room is awesome. posters hanging from the walls by chains, gray and black wall paint (no she's not gothic.) etc.

just thought i'd tell someone;)

Its coming, but as usual, not as fast as I would like. The soffets took almost 3 weeks to complete, and still haven't got the finish faces on them. Can't do that untill I build the framing to hold the "spaceship" treatments.:D Although I have all the parts cut and pocket bored. Just finished my first session with some friends. Crap, the M3700 might as well have been the cockpit of a 747!:eek::confused::D What a mindboggle trying to setup headphone mix, a buss mix, effects mix, and not to mention the midiizer and synching 2 MSR16's. It'll take a year to understand all the in's and outs. Geeezus!:D But I'll post some pics today if I have time. Thanks for asking.
fitZ
Haha! Yeah, new gear can be mind boggling at first. I get that problem with new software quite a lot. But once you learn a few things, it all seems to fall into place.

My place is coming along too, and like yours, not as fast as i would like. Got a(yes one) door fitted today. I got 3 doors out a skip, which was great. Only problem, they are all too big. We were gonna cut them down, but they are even too big for this(they are old panel doors). So I'm gonna have to invest in another 2 fire doors. I've found them for £22+vat though :D at the same place I'm gonna get the rigid fiberglass. So I think i'm gonna head up there next thursday.

I'm skint though :(. Once a pay for this stuff, i won't have a penny to my name :eek:. Think I'm going to need to borrow off my parents. Gonna try for a business grant though(free money :D)

GUESS WAT GUESS WAT!!??

nothing.

jk

as most of you know, i'm a teen, so, i don't have much room in my house to record, especially with the parents thinking i'm nuts half the time :lol: lol

good news: my sister is graduating highschool end of this school year. my dad's told her she can keep her room in the house for when she comes home etc. SO. my sister has told me i can use her room for recording purposes:D. it's a medium sized room slanted roof where i will be mixing. but the realy bonus is that she was a square sized walk in cupboard. meaning, she'll take her clothes OUT, and i can build a vocal booth in there! YES! i won't be able to do much treatment, nothing cna be very permanent, but i'm still pretty happy. so right now it's saving up and buying gear time. hopefully this time next year i'll move into the new studio with some decent gear etc. happy happy. plus her room is awesome. posters hanging from the walls by chains, gray and black wall paint (no she's not gothic.) etc.

just thought i'd tell someone;)
Great news!! :D

It's a bad pun. See, he has a glockenspiel, but I shortened it to 'glock,' which is also a type of gun that some rappers brag about.

OK, lol. I was hoping it was a joke. I was looking in the background and seeing if their was something the resembled a gun or something for like 5 min:D

This is my very humbble setup for basically solely hip hop production and i record vocals every once in awhile.
Obviously not a the level of alot of you guys. Just my simple home setup.

props on the vinyl. so many people are making beats without staying grounded in the origins of the form. I teach in a largely black high school and keep some cheap turntables in the closet and some wack old vinyl for them to mess around with after school.

props on the vinyl. so many people are making beats without staying grounded in the origins of the form. I teach in a largely black high school and keep some cheap turntables in the closet and some wack old vinyl for them to mess around with after school.

Very cool man. Not only does it help teach the orgins of hiphop but also just a time in black music where you have alot of positive vibes. I'm not even black, but i obviously deal with alot of black dudes though hiphop and some don't have any exposure to music outside rap. Well, that's a big overstatement but they don't have any knowledge/interest of other music. I don't know how many people have just asked me if they could put on records and really learned something. Even my friends who listen to classic rock...I've sold old gear and now all my friends are listening to their favorite rock albums on vinyl. I love it.

But yeah, that's dope you do that. Highschool is a rough time for so many black teens and some make the most critical decisions of their life in that time. I know music has kept alot of my friends on track, or brought them back on track when they strayed.

i won't be able to do much treatment, nothing cna be very permanent, but i'm still pretty happy. so right now it's saving up and buying gear time. hopefully this time next year i'll move into the new studio with some decent gear etc. happy happy.

have a look at the treatment i've put up in my room - none of it is permanent, but all is very effective :)

Just to show you that you can do a lot of good with a little bit of elbow-grease and a pinch of DIY. Plus it ends up being much cheaper than buying the premade stuff (RealTraps et. al.)

My humble Studio

Hi guys,

I've seen almost every page of this thread and I gotta say
I'm very impress with all the studios. Theres a lot of nice
setups and gears :eek:. I wish I could have more money
to spend like you guys, but hey! I can't complaint about
what I have.

Here is my humble studio, works great for me.
give me your opinions on my little setup.

Thanks

azabachemusicstudio7ux2.jpg

™Baby Recordz™;2812255 said:
Hi guys,

I've seen almost every page of this thread and I gotta say
I'm very impress with all the studios. Theres a lot of nice
setups and gears :eek:. I wish I could have more money
to spend like you guys, but hey! I can't complaint about
what I have.

Here is my humble studio, works great for me.
give me your opinions on my little setup.

Thanks

azabachemusicstudio7ux2.jpg
Looks good. Doesn't look too different to how mine should look. Only problem i can see, is that you have acoustic treatment(which is good), but you don't have bass treatment(not so good). This means that the bass is left to cause problems, resulting in bad mixes. It may sound great in there, but you take it elsewhere and it has no bass, or too much, because you have compensated for the rooms problems in the mix.

Looks good. Doesn't look too different to how mine should look. Only problem i can see, is that you have acoustic treatment(which is good), but you don't have bass treatment(not so good). This means that the bass is left to cause problems, resulting in bad mixes. It may sound great in there, but you take it elsewhere and it has no bass, or too much, because you have compensated for the rooms problems in the mix.
You're right! when I first started using my monitors, I was having that problem
but then I got used to them and now everything I mix on them sounds good
on any system, but is like you said, I need bass treatment and thats exactly what Im going to do next.

Thank you for your feedback is nice to talk to
people who knows about recording and studio building.

Back