let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
dalley said:
studio1.jpg

studio2.jpg

studio3.jpg

studio4.jpg

Hey dalley, where did you get that desk? That desk would be perfect for my little setup.

Here's the latest picture of my studio. My brother-in-law just came over this last weekend and we kicked some butt finishing the ceiling in the live room.

097.jpg

The live room is roughly 29 feet long by 16 feet wide. As of right now the room sounds more "wet" and "live" than ever before, which means I'm getting somewhere! :D Soon I'll be doing the FUN stuff like putting up bass traps, broadband absorption, and diffusion. I think tuning the rooms will be a lot of fun.

RICK FITZPATRICK said:
Dang, this stuff is getting cheap. Sounds like a steal if you ask me. Who needs more than that at the same time. Not that many of us. :D

Totally agreed, though I'm not sure of how serious your statement is (no offense towards you, just me being me) but hell yeah, 16 ins fits perfectly into my solo habit, and from the feedback I've read, it sounds like a decent little board. I'm actually looking very forward to picking it up. I kinda let my priority list get screwed up, I have an Alesis DM5 kit on pre-order and I just picked up a Fender Duo-Sonic, so my buying binge is about over for the next few months. :(

RICK FITZPATRICK said:
Consideing my first MSR-16 multitrack was around $7k...yea, its getting cheap. :D

ouch! I'm sure I've got a pretty penny wrapped up in the crap that I do have, but 7k for one piece would make me cry irl. I guess I could always sell a kidney or something. :D

SonicClang said:
You should get those monitors (speakers) decoupled from your desk.

They are now. We've just bought some Adams P11's and we're testing the "tennis ball" decoupling method. :D

88fingers said:
Hey dalley, where did you get that desk? That desk would be perfect for my little setup.

I think like Office Max, Staples or one of the other office type stores ... it was like $150

Hey Michael Jones, i really love your studio plan!!!.
I'm not speaking for Michael, but unless he has recently posted a plan at his NEW home, I believe he has sold that property you are referring to. It was a terrific plan though. :)

Last edited:
pandamonk said:
Ohh, You've got the speakers I'm gonna get CarcPazu. How are they?

I like them, for a surround settup they do the job, of course there's always better but for the price I'm very satisfied. I recommend them if you need a surround rig. Keep in mind they don't come with those custom stands I have, someone welded them for me.

CarcPazu said:

I like them, for a surround settup they do the job, of course there's always better but for the price I'm very satisfied. I recommend them if you need a surround rig. Keep in mind they don't come with those custom stands I have, someone welded them for me.
Cool, yeah i didnt think they would. They look good though. My room's very small so i'd just mount the surround 1s on the side walls, and have the front 1s on the desk. I will be getting other stereo reference speakers anyway, so it doesn't matter too much that they aren't the "best". The price is right, so i'm getting them.

pandamonk said:
Cool, yeah i didnt think they would. They look good though. My room's very small so i'd just mount the surround 1s on the side walls, and have the front 1s on the desk. I will be getting other stereo reference speakers anyway, so it doesn't matter too much that they aren't the "best". The price is right, so i'm getting them.

They I think they would be perfect for you.

Back