let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
Bought a wireless mouse and keyboard. Now can control tracking from anywhere in the studio, mainly the Kawai, and then move back to the desk to work on things. (KRKs moved back to the main mix position right after taking these photos.) Computer tower is in the middle of the room, with the interface by the Kawai -- so all the wires can reach!

Bought a wireless mouse and keyboard. Now can control tracking from anywhere in the studio, mainly the Kawai, and then move back to the desk to work on things. (KRKs moved back to the main mix position right after taking these photos.) Computer tower is in the middle of the room, with the interface by the Kawai -- so all the wires can reach!

Cozy looking room!

That's a nice way of putting it, 60's!

It's a bit cluttered, but I think the bookshelves + 703 combine to diffuse and absorb the room into sounding pretty good.No doubt there will not be a lot of room to move around with a full band in there, but every instrument and purpose has a cozy spot. Even the 1200's!

It's got a lot of jobs to do as a space, and I don't want to have the main keyboard facing a wall when it could be out in the open. I spent several hours last night replacing my firepod with a fire studio 26x26, putting all four sides of Chicago II and Chicago III on the turntable, and playing along with the Kawai set to "rock organ" while I tweaked the X12 Air being used as a monitor mixer/ effects box. Heaven.

Also -- what's with the "new member" status....?

Last edited:
You guys are all making me jealous. And that kid is very, very lucky. I would have been in heaven at that age to get to be in a room like that everyday. 20 years later, and I STILL don't have that!

I would have never went anywhere. goodbye school.
Part of the plan as we approach the teenage years is to have an excellent hang out space here. It's upstairs in a detached garage, so the boys and their buddies will have their own zone. But we get to monitor and keep everyone relatively safe and sober.

That's a great plan. I'm sure there will be some bands starting in that room as well. A jam session room as a teenager is awesome, just watch out for that one little punk who breaks everything. :wtf::guitar:

jvXvemnR

ELVmAry3

Rp9B9PLD

tGmicsjB

UqzjOu4k

TpWk1JIH

ndoBtxAr

Z5rORgL2

U8DiFaIU

zfrbpyP7

0r6FvFlv

tbSEjJU3

Drg0hzPm

0aol81Q4

Been a while... :) Empty-nesters now, so what better use for an upstairs bedroom than to relocate my console room from the basement? ;) Talent still tracks in the basement and I keep an eye on things with wireless cameras... Working out pretty swell so far...

20160217_203530.jpg

20160222_071528.jpg

20160222_071501.jpg

20160222_071511.jpg

12108731_10154060880367300_7061535718383873476_n.jpg

Back