let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
It's been awhile since I've been on here. I've bought a new place and completely gutted it for a new build. I'll post current pictures and locate some of the build photos. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

It's been awhile since I've been on here. I've bought a new place and completely gutted it for a new build. I'll post current pictures and locate some of the build photos.

Nice batch of gear you've got there! Hope you've got some bass traps on order (or hiding behind the foam)!

It's been awhile since I've been on here. I've bought a new place and completely gutted it for a new build. I'll post current pictures and locate some of the build photos. View attachment 89315View attachment 89316View attachment 89317View attachment 89318View attachment 89319

Looks awesome man! Real classy with the wood/stone selections! Remark: that a pretty damn wide distance between your outer monitors and your chair...you must have to roll 5 feet back to get into an isosceles triangle!

Great equipment, beautiful room. Funny room treatment. All that foam almost ruins it. Those little foam things in the corner can't be serious.

4OrionAlesis.jpg Here is our newest addition to Nothing But You Music. In addition to the Alesis HD24 we now have an Antelope Orion 32 interface. Its the most flexible recording interface I have ever seen with its routing software and its ability to record 32 tracks at 192Khz to ProTools over USB 2.0

Awesome thanks. Ok. I'm currently restricted to a rental place and I can't do any big modifications. The room to record I have has a big window on one side, a big sliding glass door on the other side and a french door on the other. Sucks!!

What are your suggestions to making this a temporary decent recording studio? Tough

Pictures today. Not much more I can do at this point - just not enough room. I could do a couple of wedges for the side wall-ceiling corner over either door opening but not sure it would really do anything.

Desk - complete with foam edging, and I cut down the speaker shelves on either side by 1-1/2" yesterday

desk1 -623.JPG
desk2 -621.JPG

You can see the clouds in the first picture - 3" Roxul, and the corner pyramid I made in the top left corner - space limited due to the open doorway to the kitchen.
studio2 -614.JPG
studio2 -616.JPG

You can see the corner semi-superchunk in back corner above the cabinet that houses guitars in their cases, when not in use
studio2 -618.JPG
studio3 -620.JPG

You can just see the other corner semi-superchunk in the back corner in this one, behind the dining hutch.
studio4 -617.JPG

How much space is above that dropped ceiling?

3", and I stuffed the whole perimeter with fluffy (yellow) fiberglass. If you're thinking it would be worth it to tear it out, the old ceiling (with tons of holes, and tv cable and telephone wires running in the space) is horsehair plaster on lath. :eek: I've demo-ed several rooms completely in this house, and the old plaster is not fun to remove - but the lath makes great bonfires!

Just thinking you may be best to get rid of the suspended (supposed) acoustic ceiling and actually place an appropriate acoustic effective material in there. Then cover with cloth. It had amazing results in my drum room.

I realize these are two different situations, but if you are limited in space, it seems to me that you could help your acoustics a bunch by making sure your ceiling is not reflecting from your floor. Do what you have to in limited spaces.

I'm not tracking drums, amp use is minimal, and carpet on the floor, so I think ceiling reflections are minimal. If I could get 30 2'x2' (real) acoustic tiles to lay in for a decent price, I'd do it!

Looks great, Mike! Your studio has a lot of atmosphere that mine lacks. It looks like there is stuff going on there in a sense with all that stuff lying around. My studio has nothing in it that is not related to music and I do not have the space for that at all.

Back