let me hear you stuff

nl553

yo yo whats up peeps im jus wondering if you guys could post some of your recording here that u did with cep. i wanna see what this program can really do and how u guys out there use it differently. thanks

nick

great

man thays great stuff never heard an instrumental sound that good on cep thank

anybody else got some stuff ?

If mixmkr's song sounds good (and it does - I listened to it), it's not because of Cool. Cool will handle anything you throw at it. If mixmkr's song sounded good, it's because of the way he recorded and mixed it. Don't judge Cool by the sound of song recorded and mixed on it. Judge Cool by what it will do.

Damn, I have a great example, but no space on nowhere radio. I even used cep effects. I'll swap it with my current song in a day or so and post back here.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1749&alid=-1

Old Canoe was recorded to 1/2" and edited/mixed in CEP 1.2

Tennesee and Sansamp Acoustic Sample were recorded to my Fostex and edited/mixed in CEP 2.0

Mediterranean Slide was recorded to VHS and edited/mixed in CEP 1.2.

Matchka and Free Myself were recorded to Tascam 4 track and edited/mixed in CEP 1.2

Some sound ok, some not so ok. CEP was never the weak link.

For some more good examples, check chris harris's stuff at nowhereradio.com. Look for honest mango.

jake-owa said:
Here's an old (98-99) kinda overprocessed but highly recommended on headphones. Good example of an amateur recording on a fourtrack and cool edit.

www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1994&alid=-1

Damn that was good JR#97. Makes me feel small...:(

thanks man. it looks like you listened to the collab tune i did with some of the recording website guys. not really my style, but it was fun. yours was cool, too. go anything more recent?

Hey JR, I'm kinda limited on space at nowhere but as soon as I get my dad's stuff on his own site I'll post a link. Thanx for the listen. He's Bill Keenom if you've never heard the recordings.

jake-owa said:
Hey JR, I'm kinda limited on space at nowhere but as soon as I get my dad's stuff on his own site I'll post a link. Thanx for the listen. He's Bill Keenom if you've never heard the recordings.

Yeah, I heard some of your Dad's stuff when you posted them at the other site. Good stuff. You need to post those in the clinic.

Like I said earlier, Cool Edit has nothing to do with how good a song sounds. I listened to this one because I really like this song. Two things: this is really well performed. Second: the mix is really harsh. I listend through two different sets of headphones just to make sure. I think you hyped a lot of upper end on this one. Nothing to do with Cool Edit, mind you. :D

Back