Les Paul Special Faded

King Elvis

Any of you folks tried out one of these axes? A friend of mine has a 1957 Goldtop reissue that I played during rehearsals last week. Ever since then I have been aching for an LP. I dont have big bucks and I saw these faded models at a great price. Is it a better axe than an LP studio? How about the smartwood. Suggestions? :confused:

well..............

the main difference between the faded series and the studio is that the faded series doesn't have a carved top, it has dot inlays, and has no binding.

with the studio you get much nicer looks. That is about it I believe. Musicians freind has a "special" with a carved top made for them, kinda a mix between the faded series and the studio - it runs $999 I think.

I own a Faded series double cutaway, and I love it to death. Of course it has the more vintashish P-90 pickups and a thinner body, but it is one sweet motha!!

If you can try and find a used Special..the one with the bound neck they should be about $600 to $700..They are a much nicer instr.{no offence to Gusfinley} I belive are they discontinued..Look here for Ideas www.guitarden.com .. the Faded's are nice but these are much nicer IMO..P90's rock! Good luck

Back