les paul gothic (any opinions)?

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/...517233&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=26043546

I need a les paul style guitar for the studio. Do you think this would be a good guitar with different pickups? Anyone actually own this guitar? Any suggestions. I am on a budget. Also I have played for 15+ years so I am not looking for junk but I also dont want a 2,000 les paul

It looks like it would do fine, only issue that would affect me is the fact there are no fretboard markers other that the 12th fret. But hey, classical players get by without the markers.;)
It would sound a little darker without the maple cap that the L. P. standard and other models have, just add a little high end on mixing.

For the price...

If it plays good and you like the sound the reviews are all positive, give it a shot. For the price if it doesn't work out you could have a great time smashing it to bits.

I used to want one of these a long time ago when they came out. They made a gothic sg too. I've played it and it sounded and felt like a normal lp, but a little on the bland side from what I remember. It didn't seem as heavy though as say a gibson lp studio.

If you only need it for the studio for a short period of time, I would look into renting a regular gibson or high-end epiphone lp. If you're going to be in there so long that it doesn't make sense, then buy the nicest used lp you can find used. Good luck with your recording man

I actually just got an Epiphone Goth LP about two days ago, set it up and really like it, probably could use some better pickups - they sound undefined. I bought this because I've got a Goth SG that I love - the satin finish on these feels great. The SG actually sounds good stock.

Back