Les Paul 100 vs Les Paul Studio

bcains

Epiphone Les Paul 100 = $355AUD
Epiphone Les Paul Studio = $602AUD

Is there a big difference between the two besides the price?

LP 100 -
Features:
2 Humbuckers
Mahogany neck
Rosewood/Dot Fingerboard
Alder/Mahogany Body
Alder/Maple Top

Technical:
Pickups: 2 Open Coil Humbuckers
Hardware: Chrome
Scale: 24.75 in.
Nut Width: 1.68 in.
Neck Joint: Bolt
Neck Material: Mahogany
Fingerboard: Rosewood/Dot
Binding: None
Body Material: Alder/Mahogany
Top: Alder/Maple

LP Studio -
Features:
2 humbuckers
Set Mahogany neck
Rosewood fingerboard
Mahogany/Alder body and top

Technical Description
Pickups: 2 Humbuckers
Hardware: Chrome
Scale: 24.75 in.
Nut Width: 1.68 in.
Neck Joint: Set
Neck Material: Mahogany
Fingerboard: Rosewood/Dot Inlay
Binding: None
Body Material: Mahogany/Alder
Top: Mahogany/Alder

I'm look at a price around $500AUD for a quailty guitar, at that price. Another guitar i have taken into consideration is the ESP F50 at $499AUD. Or is it worth streching the buget more to accompany the LP Studio?

P.S It would be used mainly in the rock genre, but also as a studio guitar available to others.

Cheers. :)

I have played both and I thought the studio was muddy. MAybe it was that particular one.

I have a lp 100 and I really like it.big, beefy, commanding low end and juicy tone.

bcains,

I like gibson, they make the best guitars. But they also have a great marketing department. If you don't have at least 1,400 US dollars to spend on a Gibson, then don't. It is that beautiful carved Maple top that gives those hot 500t's a particular tone. For the money you're talking about I'd get a nice american Fender Strat. Dimarzio and Fender make some nice double stacked single coils these days. It's the wood the guitar and neck is made of that determines the way the sound resonates that signal to the pickup. Hell get a rail road tie and a nail with some copper wire. That's what Les Paul did..!! Good Luck.

Back